Faithless Electors

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I was in one of the 50 demonstrations at state capitol buildings today. (My first demonstration. Problem is, I'm not very demonstrative, and don't like crowds or chanting.) Will peaceful demonstrations even be possible (or legal) in a few months?

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I was in one of the 50 demonstrations at state capitol buildings today. (My first demonstration. Problem is, I'm not very demonstrative, and don't like crowds or chanting.) Will peaceful demonstrations even be possible (or legal) in a few months?

As they're considered protected by the 1st amendment and we still have some checks and balances, I'm going to go out on a limb as say probably.

Samsonet

Just visiting
Registered
Reaction score

Why outlaw a constitutional right when you can sue protesters into oblivion instead? It works on bloggers and newspapers.

Bleh... my mom is super upset. I'm gonna log off for a bit.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really?

New poll shows 52% of Republicans actually think Trump won the popular vote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...republicans-think-trump-won-the-popular-vote/

I'm not at all surprised. I had one Trump supporter tell me that any claims of Russian interference in the election was fake news by the mass media. When I said the allegations did not come from the mass media but 17 military and civilian intelligence agencies he kept insisting it was fake news. His main reason, Trump said it didn't happen.

And there is the blind devotion to a leader that gives dictators their base.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I teach technical content to very technically astute people, and nearly every class I lead off with a quiz that says the following:

"SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. This is not the same as IP which is short for Internet Protocol. Thus SIP is not IP. At the same time, SDP is short for Session Description Protocol, so we can say that SDP is not SIP. Since RTP is short for Real Time Transport protocol, it goes without saying that RTP is neither SIP not SDP.

Given the above information, what does SIP stand for?"

In a class of otherwise technically savvy (and often I would say very smart people), about half usually get the question wrong. My point: there's blind devotion, and then there's people who just aren't paying attention.