New Zealand Earthquake

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A series of powerful earthquakes jolted New Zealand's South Island Monday, triggering a tsunami and sending aftershocks across the country that left at least two dead, officials said.

The first event, a 7.8-magnitude quake, struck just after midnight Monday near the coastal community of Kaikoura, some 93 kilometers (55 miles) northeast of the city of Christchurch, the US Geological Survey reported.

Hoping everyone is safe. Members have been checking in in the Disaster in My Region Thread.

Link-CNN

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My dad is currently in New Zealand but fortunely he wasn't heavily affected. Last time I talked with him he said he still felt rumbles under the ground.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I checked in with the couple of friends I have in NZ this morning - everyone I know is okay but there are people who aren't, and there were still aftershocks being felt earlier today.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, this made me happy.

Stranded cows reportedly rescued following earthquake-triggered landslide
The two adult cattle and a calf of cows were spotted from the air yesterday and reports of their plight have gone around the world. ...

She said it was not normally a difficult job to get stranded cattle off perches safely but in this case there was a problem for the farmer reaching them across his quake-ravaged north Canterbury farmland.