Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Hi.

I gave up Duotrope a while back because I didn't see why I should pay for a service that I could get free elsewhere.

That elsewhere was The Grinder. http://thegrinder.diabolicalplots.com/Default.aspx

Today I went there to do a search and the website doesn't seem to be working. Now it may have not been working for quite a while, months even. I haven't submitted anything in a long time.

So does anyone know if its permanent?

And does anyone recommend other online submission trackers, the kind where you can search markets, then record your submissions?

Thanks!

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
The Grinder was down due to technical problems, but is running again.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I pay for duotrope. I think it's worth it. Plus, it's an easy Christmas present for my dad to get me every year. I have looked at the grinder and it just didn't have the number of submissions calculated that duotrope has. It also couldn't find the same listing in a few cases. I write literary short fiction. I don't know if that makes a difference compared to some of the markets others are interested in. Don't get me wrong. I wish duotrope was free like it used to be. It's just that I've come to rely on it.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
If you can't find a listing on Grinder, let them know and they will add it to their database. They have been great at updating any journals I suggest. I write in a variety of genres, but mostly literary fiction.

Used to contribute to Duotrope before they charged, but they are far too expensive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.