Musician Forums

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. I was wondering if anybody here can recommend a forum for musicians. Some Googling turns up a lot of possibilities. Some are merely for fans of a certain genre, and others seem to be geared towards actual musicians. But I really don't know where to start... Ideally there would be a forum out there that welcomes metal musicians, and is geared towards every aspect of making music, from instruments and other gear, to ways of learning, to lifestyle options, etc.

So, basically, a forum that is as awesome as AW, but for musicians instead of writers. I know - it's a tall order! :tongue

Thanks in advance. :)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Sites that I have been a part of:

GuitarsCanada: Canadian-oriented guitars forum. Perhaps the biggest problem is that a lot of the posters are old and therefore like blues. A lot. They can on occasion poke fun at metal and punk.
Violins.ca: Canadian-oriented violin forum (I play viola). Downside is that it is very quiet and much more oriented towards violin-makers and violin repairmen.
KvR-VST: Software plug-in website for those who like to make electronic music or record with the latest gadgetry. Downside to the site is that it is very gadget-focused.

OverClocked ReMix: a site devoted to people who like to cover and reinterpret video-game music. I used to moderate this website a decade ago and had a fun. In the recent years, I found it a bit intolerable with the Gamergate issue dominating the scene. The musician section however is very robust for what it is. Quite a few music majors there who like to discuss theory.

I understand that you play guitar. The big one for that is GearSlutz, as far as I understand.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, yes. Except AW's music section doesn't get much activity most of the time. :)

Don't worry, though - I'm not going anywhere. Just considering adding a new haunt to this existing one. :)