Screen image shaking when each new page of AW loads up

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So, with all the web weirdness lately, now I have a new little morsel of wtf? when on AW. When I click on a new thread or 'New Posts', the image on the screen does a little horizontal shimmy as it's loading.

Anyone else getting this? It's not happening on other sites -- as yet.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
So, with all the web weirdness lately, now I have a new little morsel of wtf? when on AW. When I click on a new thread or 'New Posts', the image on the screen does a little horizontal shimmy as it's loading.

Web browser and OS?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com

Longshot here, but did you maybe get a web browser upgrade? I find some sites load a little, and then when the rest of the page loads the scrollbar appears and the images "shift" to the left a little bit.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't think I've had any update recently. Not this week anyway.

It's Windows 10, using Chrome.

I have AVG and Malware Bytes, but Windows Defender on all the time.

Alexys

Took a wrong turn at the Pleiades
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like something's causing the page to reflow several times while it's being loaded. Usually when I've seen that kind of behaviour it's been due to a browser extension that removes elements from the page after it's laid out—poorly written adblockers, the Firefox RIP extension (obviously not your problem), etc. It could also be something in the way the page itself is written, if it includes scripts that add/resize/remove elements during load, or poorly formatted inclusions. Malware injecting something into the page is a possible but less likely explanation.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, it's intermittent and it seems to have stopped over the last day or so. It was very strange.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen this happen on sites running vbulletin, and believe it's just a manifestation of the CSS and device detection as it loads the page and aligns everything. The faster the page loads, the less noticeable this is. It could just be loading a little more slowly. Try clearing your browser cache