Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
In a Wonder Trade, I got a Japanese Alola Vulpix, so it has Japanese characters for her name. I can't read Japanese, so I have absolutely no clue what her name is, so I just mentally and verbally call her "Whatever-Your-Name-Is" or "What's-Her-Face", lol. :p

Anyway, loving this game so far, and I only just got to the part where I finally found the hairstyle and clothing shop. :) Luckily, I already liked how the default male main character looked, so I didn't have to spend much money.

I found an Abra, but it teleported away (totally forgot they teleported in previous games), so I am determined to capture it quickly.

I'm on my way to a place where some Team Skull is supposedly hanging around.

I hope I can see Gladion soon. Based on seeing him in trailer/screens, he looks so cute! I just love punk-looks! :3 If I was a teen again, I would be SQUEEEEing like a typical fangirl.

BUT, *ahem* I'm an adult woman now. I am a lady. Ladies don't squee.

I just squee quietly on the inside nowadays (and squee in front of my sisters). ;)

ETA: One thing for a future Pokemon game: I wish the female trainer can have punk hair (or more masculine hair), or more masculine clothing that is similar to the male trainers. The male trainers just appeal to me more in their faces, fashion, and hairstyles. I would love a female trainer that is more butch or androgynous. I still feel limited by the customization, so I hope there will be more unisex hair and clothing in the future or something, like later Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley/Animal Crossing did, etc.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I would like a Pokemon game that's a little more story-based. Something that starts with a kid getting lost on a dark forest trail, and discovering an abandoned pokeball with a pokemon still trapped inside. You set him free, and then he becomes your partner on a quest to find his original partner. Your starter is determined by a series of questions you get asked when you start a new game, and rather than fire/grass/water, it should be something different, like bug/psychic/fighting.

The other thing I wish I could see would be dual-type moves, like Steel Wing could be a Steel/Flying type attack, but for balance, they would have to be level-up only moves, no TM's.

I dunno. I just think that would be neat.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you want the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. At least it's worth giving a try.
I was thinking the same thing, lol! :D

Or perhaps, something like Yo-Kai Watch (though it's more of a child discovering supernatural things affecting the real world).

Yo-Kai Watch franchise is sort of like Pokemon, but more based on Asian legend/folkore creatures, and the main character can converse with the Yo-Kai creatures, befriending and recruiting them in order to help people deal with Yo-Kai phenomenons in the human world. It is a very cute and fun game, and has lots of little subquests.

If you want something even darker, Shin Megami Tensei games (and maybe Persona games?) have you recruiting demons and there are times where you have to converse, answer questions, bribe, or intimidate demons in order to recruit them or get something from them.

Shin Megami Tensei
games are pretty much a more hardcore (more difficult) and darker Pokemon-like series with a somewhat more plot and complex lore. You usually end up making decisions on how the new world will be like, and choosing a side or being neutral in a war between the various factions of angels/demons/fairies/gods/demigods/etc.

I would suggest playing SMT IV or SMT IV: Apocalypse if one is a beginner to the series, as they have improvements and are more accessible to newcomers (like the newer Pokemon games have been doing). SMT IV: A is more "lighthearted" and less desolate compared to SMT III: Nocturne (where you are more alone and only have demons for party members) and other older SMT games.

ETA: Because I must mention this series every time as well, lol: Inazuma Eleven franchise is a lighthearted children's super powered sports RPG franchise series (shounen--lots of soccer battles) that has elemental soccer players that you can collect and trade like Pokemon. Also has plot as well. I am a huge fan of this series as well. I :heart: it so, so much. I play it and watch it (anime, too) more than I did for Pokemon. - *points at own avatar and profile pics*

Last edited:

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
My BF traded me a Vulpix egg he hatched from Wonder Trading and Breeding. So I was able to name her and she's MINE.

I WON'T EVOLVE HER. NOT EVER.

Speaking of story.

This one seems to be taking a more interesting turn than X/Y did (which is the only Pokemon game I've ever played).

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
I think Pokemon Sun may be my most favorite Pokemon game ever (so far that I've played). :)

Last edited:

Flannel

Registered
Reaction score
I have Moon and I love it! Wonder Trading has been great for me; I got a Mimikyu who's now the backbone of my team, and a Vulpix who I adore (and who is now a Ninetales). My wife can vouch for the fact that I cried tears of joy when Alolan Vulpix was first revealed. I always get a little emotional around New Pokemon Generation Season.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I've just completed my dex and got my shiny charm. Woowoo! Time to hunt some shinies.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
lol i should really try to finish sun and moon....
too much POGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.