tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Okay, so there's the lovely first line of your NaNo thread (cool or, in my case, maybe "good grief, I have to edit that later"), the favorite line of the day NaNo thread (dang it, Maggie, that was a good idea)...

How about the line you ended on for the day thread, eh? Eh?

Admittedly, I just started this because I *may* have killed someone and I thought that would be a good place to leave things for now :greenie :evil :greenie

Aurora screamed as Brynn ran her broadsword through the Briar Captain’s heart.

*cackles*

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Hah. I'm in the mood to kill off a certain character:

He was trying to grow a beard like his father but it was patchy at best, resembling the fur beneath his arm more than a proper beard should.

GeneBWell

Registered
Reaction score
Er, kind of random but here it is. Souffle (MC) is describing her first experience cooking (she cooked a left over piece of tough meat known as an armordillo tail-steak):

"Only then he says 'how am I supposed to cook meat this tough!' and tells us he's not going to pay for it."

(This is from yesterday)

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
My last words were actually half a sentence. Here's the last complete one:
It [the weight] had been wound up to lower the spider-like legs by which the logs were suspended.

Looking at it this morning, I detest it. Not sure about this whole scene in fact. Mwwa! :cry:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
(Tuesday's) Chernobyl children found themselves shunned even by those who should have known better. Idiots. Radiation wasn’t catching. At least not after a while.

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Then don't look! Just keep typing. Just keep typing. Just keep typing...:e2fish:

Thanks Dorey! ;) The miserable part is that I have to finish it in order to move on. I'm not one of those who can write in fragments. Daaaah! :tongue

Here's hoping for better scenes coming today. The goal is to write something worthy of Maggie's favorite line of the day thread. :D

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 1:

Haruka smiled. “These are good.” (regarding brownies)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
My amazing, profound, life-altering last line of yesterday:

"He turns around and drags the bag up over his shoulder, like a tall, gangling Santa with a bag full of shit nobody wants."

A.E.Fisher

The first draft of anything is shit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jesuisley.com
It is lined with cheap metal shelves upon which we stack the hundreds of brochures that clients ask for on a regular basis, and the cast-offs--the booklets dropped off by well-meaning travel reps that don’t understand that no one in the history of our location has ever requested information about a specific village in Northern Thailand.

jlmott

Hello, I must be going
Registered
Reaction score
"Better get your water quick. The air's so dry around here it might get half a mind to drink it up while you're not looking."

eskay

Registered
Reaction score
In the hall she heard voices.

In retrospect I should tweak that a bit. Ah well. Have I figured out what the argument is going to be that the MC is about to overhear? Well, uhh, maybe :)

GeneBWell

Registered
Reaction score
Tonight's last line (last line of Chapter 1, too!):

Then the two of them left and headed for the butcher shop.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
In the hall she heard voices.

In retrospect I should tweak that a bit. Ah well. Have I figured out what the argument is going to be that the MC is about to overhear? Well, uhh, maybe :)

Ha! I know that feeling. The character I kinda sorta killed last night isn't really dead yet...but I looked at it this eve and went "erm", so I skipped to a different scene. And I swear, that character I kinda sorta but didn't actually kill is not going to say "I'm not dead yet!"

Maybe.

Back to wording. I'll figure it later. Probably about the same time you figure out that argument :greenie

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sure, it moves like a real hand, but there's no hiding that the fake skin that covers it doesn't feel anything like the real stuff.

Matt T.

Registered
Reaction score
I loved to do things that were interesting, things that kept me in the present and out of the past or my shitty future, and tonight had been a home run on that front.

Eh, I feel alright about this line. Much of the wording is subject to change at this point, as I'm writing quickly and not agonizing over each word yet.

eskay

Registered
Reaction score
“Ok, now we need the fly,” said Karim.

My characters are putting up a tent. In the rain. What.

I did not outline this.

Also, this is already the most boring story ever. I need some explosions, stat.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
No. I didn't, and I wouldn't, and nor would Renata, not if she chose to brave the waters.

Avril is feeling contrary tonight.

neongrey

petting every cat
Registered
Reaction score
Lessee here...

"'... I'm in no position to help your relationship with Senator [name]... but I can make sure he won't come away with everything.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.