Yeah, I know it's P & CE but GO CUBBIES!! WOOO HOO (feel free to move this!!)

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
About effing time!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CUBBIES!!!

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Giant Meteor's odds just went up. Cubs vs. Indians - the two longest World Series championship droughts going head to head.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I don't want to be a downer, but the resurgence of the Cubs worries me. Coupled with Donald Trump, it may well be a sign of the coming Apocalypse.

From Revelations:

"And when the small bears from the city of wind shall ascend to the mountaintop and the demon who walks like a man with hair of flame shall reign supreme, then shall the last days be upon us."

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to be a downer, but the resurgence of the Cubs worries me. Coupled with Donald Trump, it may well be a sign of the coming Apocalypse.

From Revelations:

"And when the small bears from the city of wind shall ascend to the mountaintop and the demon who walks like a man with hair of flame shall reign supreme, then shall the last days be upon us."

or perhaps a good omen!!!

From Psalms:

And Lo! The young bears rise up and slay the evil intruder from the far land of hedonism
And therefore shall we walk into the light all our days.

;)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
2 Corinthians: There's this bear, okay? It's a good bear. But it could be a great bear. Only I can make it a great bear. It will be so great. You'll love it.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Well done...................but it is still weird to me that the World Series is starting in late October.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As a non-sports fan for me personally, my thought, meh who cares. For those of you who are and your teams are in, enjoy.

2 Corinthians: There's this bear, okay? It's a good bear. But it could be a great bear. Only I can make it a great bear. It will be so great. You'll love it.

:ROFL:

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Thrilled about the Cubbies. :e2cheer: I was a Cubs fan all through my 20s and 30s - until I married into a Red Sox family. And yeah, switched sides. :gone:

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
If they haven't done enough already, either Theo Epstein or Terry Francona punches a ticket to Cooperstown after this World Series. One or the other is going to be involved in ending two historic World Series curses.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Cubs are doing well? Clearly this thread belongs in Science Fiction & Fantasy...

:evil

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
I see your Steve Goodman and raise you with Mike Polk Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwVg99Bat2s

Ha! Cute - hadn't seen that before! I'm sure it is an identity crisis for Cleveland! ( a neutered Guy Fieri, that's perfect! )i'm sure Chicago would love to help them maintain that loser status if it makes it easier!! ;) (Something with which Chicago is QUITE familiar - hello, Bears?)

Last edited:

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
The Cubs are doing well? Clearly this thread belongs in Science Fiction & Fantasy...

:evil

Yeah, you'd think but nope! As Steve says, the law of averages says anything will happen that can (that's what it says), but the last time the Cubs won a NL pennant was the year we dropped the bomb on Japan..but NO MORE!! Steve's watching the Angels now, but I bet he's celebrating with his two bags of peanut and a frosty malt!!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The husband is beaming from ear to ear with this series since he's a Cubs AND Indians fan. This is also why he's expecting the world to end this year...

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Even more strange is that the creator of the "Billy Goat Curse" died on the same date, October 22 (in 1970) that the Cubs won the Pennant, October 22 (in 2016).
Does this mean the curse is over - and the Cubs will win the World Series?
The smart money is betting on the Cubs.

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
It's worth reminding everybody that the OTHER team in the WS, the Cleveland Indians, also haven't won a World Series since the 1940s.

caw

But I'm a CUBS fan! ;):snoopy: I'd like to see the Indians go a lot longer...;)

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I have no dog in the hunt (courtesy of being a Philadelphia Phillies phan). It's fun to see two teams with such long histories of futility make it to the big barbecue.

caw

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
The husband is beaming from ear to ear with this series since he's a Cubs AND Indians fan. This is also why he's expecting the world to end this year...
Wants to go out on a high note, eh?
Well, one team goes out on a high, for the other, it's 'same old, same old'.:cry:

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
I have no dog in the hunt (courtesy of being a Philadelphia Phillies phan). It's fun to see two teams with such long histories of futility make it to the big barbecue.

caw
actually, I agree, although I can't even pretend to be unbiased. But yes, it IS kind of amazing to have THESE two teams competing! Of course, I'd love the Cubs to take the WS, but even just getting the NL pennant is fabulous for me! ;)