Welcome to the Absolute Write Book Club!
This room is a place to discuss what we are reading! What are you reading at the moment? What do you like about it? Is there anything about it that doesn't work for you? You can start a thread about any book or book series you'd like to talk about, or if you'd prefer, you can talk about an author's overall body of work. Are you looking for suggestions for books that include a specific element or type of character? Is there a book that you have read, but that you can only remember a fleeting image from, and you're trying to find it again? Feel free to ask those questions here. You can also browse through the Great Big List of the existing book and author threads we have. You are welcome to add to these threads at any time - this room is zombie friendly.
Here are the guidelines for using this room:
- When starting a new thread, please title it with the book's title and the name of the author(s). For example: The Street Smart Writer by Jenna Glatzer & Daniel Steven.
- Please try to keep each thread focused on the book, series, or author being discussed.
- AW's main overall rule applies: respect your fellow writer. Discussing an objection you have to a book's content is appropriate, but extending that to the author(s) is not.
- Please don't start a thread about your own book. If you'd like more information on the most effective way to promote your writing on AW, please read the excellent stickied threads in the Announcements, Events, and Book Promotion room.
- Finally, please expect spoilers here!