Thanks!

ga270y8y5r1ze416g.jpg

1mzz1g9ulj7rm2d6g.jpg

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
Personally I prefer the first tagline, with only two lines (seems to read smoother to me?) I do like the tagline, at least in conjunction with that particular cover.

I really like the color scheme, I think the fonts work all right (although there's something that feels like could be refined for the title font, but I can't put my finger on it). I like the general position of the image elements and the choice of images for the cover. The head/body alignment does seem odd with how she's looking over her shoulder, but I 'm not sure why. Overall, this has a definite feeling of thriller/suspense that your previous cover doesn't have. I really like the background choice of image with the crib, plus the coloration and how it's placed.

As a side note, you might want to see if you can have this thread merged with your previous thread, since that would help people follow the order of changes better. :)

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
I'd play with

Some Cries
..........Can't Be
..............Ignored

for the tagline, but other than that, #1

To be clear, the indentation, not the periods. The formatter here removes leading spaces.

Last edited:

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I prefer the first one on all points. Much better than your previous versions.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another vote for the first one. I like the darker better and the fonts work with it. I like the tag line as it in it too (the two lines). This gives that feeling the other cover lacked. I agree with the scary clown--it rocks.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
SO much better than the first cover, well done! I do agree there's something not quite right about the title font. I think you're in the right font family, you have the right idea, but it does look a little not quite professional enough. Uber hard to explain, which is annoying I apologise. I think maybe the letters might be too round . . . you need slightly taller and thicker letters. Stick with Sans Serif though.

Great work!

gtbun

Professional Book Designer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
geoffreybunting.co.uk
The issue with the typography, so far as I can see, is that you're using two different sizes which creates a jarring dynamic between "saving" and "baby". If you want a size difference, try using small caps for the top line. If you're using a decent sans serif, these should be designed in such a way to interact with their upper case counterparts. Also, the two aren't set in a column and overhang one another uncomfortably, consider justifying them fully within the textbox. And remember, upper case letters should always have plenty of space.

You can get away with the drop shadow on account of the cover behind it being so dark, but lose the gradient. The vomit-y yellow is going to show up fine on the blue, and gradients always look vile, you should avoid them at all costs.