suspense cover feedback?

Gregg Bell

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. It's for a suspense novel called Saving Baby. Here's the blurb:

Seventeen-year-old Annie Rebarchek is thrilled when industrialist Houston Monroe hires her to look after his baby for the summer. But something’s not right. Monroe’s baby is weak and cries constantly. When Annie confronts Monroe about it, he goes into a rage and tells her to mind her own business. She tells her father but he thinks she’s exaggerating. Annie knows something is suspicious, but what? The next day she discovers something that makes her skin crawl. She nabs the baby and flees.

Now she’s on the run. Her only hope is exposing Monroe’s deadly evil before it’s too late—for her and the baby.

qpxecq26xe5mn256g.jpg

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It's a lovely photo, but I just worry that it gives the wrong impression about the book. Before I read your blurb the first thought I had was Nicholas sparks, which may not be what you are going for. I would put an angrier sky in there, or something equally sinister that would offer a contrast and show the audience that there is something wrong.

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
Basically, same as Ave: nice cover, well executed, but doesn't really suit the topic. Nothing makes me think suspense, pursuit, flight, or danger.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also think the cover should be darker to convey suspense, danger etc.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the blurb was interesting and the cover was okay, like she goes to an old farmhouse and stays there to hide the baby for a while?

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
If you are open to suggestions, I think a black background with an isolated, broken baby toy (with some hint of violence) would suit.