Editing a post on mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Funny thing happens when I try to edit posts (for typos brought on by autocorrect mostly); they get deleted. I've noticed the little ticky circle is always selected, with no way I've found to unselect. I'm on android (whatever the latest is) on a galaxy s5 and/or a galaxy tab 2.

It's a minor nuisance, but still a nuisance.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Funny thing happens when I try to edit posts (for typos brought on by autocorrect mostly); they get deleted. I've noticed the little ticky circle is always selected, with no way I've found to unselect. I'm on android (whatever the latest is) on a galaxy s5 and/or a galaxy tab 2.

It's a minor nuisance, but still a nuisance.

Are you using the Mobile Style? (scroll all the way down to the bottom left)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

Go to the post in question.
Tap the pencil icon.
Scroll down past the Delete button until you see the edit box, with your text in it. It will say Message just above the box.
Edit the post.
Tap Save Changes or Preview. If you Preview, you'll need to scroll down until you see the Save Changes button, and tap it to post.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
See, that's what I try to do. But every time I tap the text box to edit the post, it'll jump to a page that says the post doesn't/is invalid. Then the thread will show my post as deleted.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
See, that's what I try to do. But every time I tap the text box to edit the post, it'll jump to a page that says the post doesn't/is invalid. Then the thread will show my post as deleted.

Can you tell me what kind of phone and which browser you're using ? I'll try to suss it out for you.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Phone is a Samsung Galaxy 5. Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Both are running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and I use Chrome on both. It also happens in the os's native browser (which I think is just a stripped down Chrome).

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Phone is a Samsung Galaxy 5. Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Both are running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and I use Chrome on both. It also happens in the os's native browser (which I think is just a stripped down Chrome).

I'll see what I can do.

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Mac/iOS version doesn't have this problem (in case it helps, it's not messed up on all mobile versions).

KateSmash I'm sure she will figure it out for you soon.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
The Mac/iOS version doesn't have this problem (in case it helps, it's not messed up on all mobile versions).

KateSmash I'm sure she will figure it out for you soon.

Charging an Android phone Right Now in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.