We lost a well-loved Hound yesterday

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who may not have heard, our beloved Horror Hound and Poetry fanatic, DL Hegel lost a battle with Cancer yesterday. I don't think any of us knew she was ill. Apparently that's the way she wanted it, and I can respect that.

Lisa opened a Rememberance Thread for her, if you'd like to stop in and pay your respects. Beyond that, I don't know what to say. I'm too damn sad.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
She was a person who lead by example and she will be missed. She was our Tiger. When I had my first short story published, I wanted her to know it, because she was one of the people on here who encouraged me.

She was our weekend report dominatrix, pushing and prodding the folks for more and more output. It was a great feature of this subforum for years.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
She sent me so many motivational gifs through the rep system, on account of the weekend report. :(

I don't even know what to say.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She sent me so many motivational gifs through the rep system, on account of the weekend report. :(

I don't even know what to say.
Yes! She was always there with a motivational something or another. I had no idea she was sick. :e2bummed: I hope she lived out her final days doing things she enjoyed.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I think I had a vague idea that something had happened to her, but I didn't know what.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All my best inspirational pictures came from her. She always went the extra distance to pick out something personal for us each week, you know?

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Well this sucks.
RIP Tigress

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2grouphu That's sad, I'm sorry for the loss to her loved ones, and the loss to the forum as well.

Last edited:

JoeBrat

JoeBrat
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know that. I read several of her posts today before I saw this post. May she rest in peace.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Aw damn! I'm just back online after dealing with the loss of a loved one to cancer. I'd been searching for DL, wondering. This cancer sucks. So sorry to hear this.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I've been gone for a while, I had no idea. :( She will truly be missed and there will be a hole in hounds that no one can fill. RIP Tigress.