Anger Management

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:rant:

As if I haven't had enough trouble, now the tooth that was going to get a crown is going to get an extraction, and I don't have time to mentally prepare, they had room to squeeze me in tomorrow morning.

Crap!, I want something better than vicodin, damn irresponsible drug addicts ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe I should have asked for valium.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an idiot for not doing this sooner. I had a tooth pulled and needed vicodin for the pain, just for a few days (noted in post above). But vicodin makes me nauseated. I had a prescription for Zofran (great stuff) for the nausea because of my other health problems, but I hadn't used it in a while and there were no refills left though I did have a few pills left in the bottle. So a couple days ago I ordered more online via my HMO. They needed to contact the MD for the refill. That was fine.

But I checked today and no action had been taken on the order. The stupid system sent the refill request to someone I'd seen in the ED a while back who just happened to refill it for me at the time. That provider has nothing to do with my ongoing care and from the looks of it just ignored the request or ??? gawd knows what. No meds were on their way and Monday is a postal holiday. I call the pharmacy and after talking to three different people which took more than an hour I had gotten nowhere because of course, everyone's gone home for the night. I can probably get a refill (no guarantees) if I call the consulting nurse and come into the pharmacy, wait and hour and pay twice as much as online/mail order.

Fuck this shit! Why am I putting up with this when I don't need to?

I'm a nurse practitioner in private practice. I am not in the habit of ordering my own meds but now I wonder why I thought there was something wrong with that. Mind you we are talking about meds that are actually prescribed by my doctor, not something I'm prescribing for myself, and not the vicodin. Anyway, in my frustration over the trouble I was having, I logged into one of my suppliers for my practice and ordered the Zofran. While I was there I looked up my other meds. Every one of them was much cheaper than I'm paying the HMO pharmacy. Why didn't I look into this sooner? That's it, I'm now ordering all my refills through my own wholesaler. There's not any difference except cost, there's not even a sales tax difference because there's no sales tax on prescription drugs.

I'm taking charge. I feel badly for all the people that don't have this option and have to put up with a cumbersome bureaucracy. I have been stupid for not doing this sooner, but no more, my HMO screwed up one time too many!

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You had us at "I'm taking charge."

Maryn, proud of you

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
I hate when a baby sits in front of you at church and just stares at you the whole time. Like you smile at it but don't want any prolonged interaction and it just keeps staring and drooling. It's unnerving. WHAT DO YOU WANT BABY

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I spent Saturday playing with my 2yo nephew and 4yo niece.

All anger problems solved for at least a day.

We played Barbies, and made a cake and danced to music from Moana. Then I fed them cake and left them to their parents.

It was beautiful.

Violent-E

Asian/Nordic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People who obsess over you and won't leave you alone.
Ran into a few of them in my time and it is quite unsettling, to say the least.
Like me as a friend, but never get hung up on me.

Fastest way for me to de friend you for keeps.

REALLY bugs me, when someone sees me as some kind of trophy
and not a human being.

Rant over for today.

Last edited:

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
My lawn is not a sidewalk. It is not a public park. It is not there for you stand on and shout at your buddies up the street. :rant:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Nor is it a trashcan for your empty McDonalds bag from 2 miles down the road... :rant:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not coughing up a lung because I want to make yuo sick. Don't you think I'd stop if we could?

Maryn, sick on a cruise

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
News flash to the jerk sub: I've been doing this job for 10 years, and I have a pretty good idea how to do it. Just 'cause it's not the way you do it doesn't make it wrong, and whatever crawled up your tailpipe to make you so snarky doesn't need to be taken out on me.

I so need another job...

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I can sympathize. My CEO made me cry yesterday.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not coughing up a lung because I want to make yuo sick. Don't you think I'd stop if we could?

Maryn, sick on a cruise

News flash to the jerk sub: I've been doing this job for 10 years, and I have a pretty good idea how to do it. Just 'cause it's not the way you do it doesn't make it wrong, and whatever crawled up your tailpipe to make you so snarky doesn't need to be taken out on me.

I so need another job...

I can sympathize. My CEO made me cry yesterday.

Oh, no, you guys!! I'm so sorry! *gives hugs all around*

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh, it pays to know the system. I go to pick up some meds from the pharmacy and when I should be charged a $10 copay, the charge is $20. I ask the person to check and she shows it is a 33 day supply. Here's what happened. The amount of liquid I need comes to 1800 cc, 60cc/day, three times a day. The bottles come in 500cc amounts. So the doc wrote, dispense 2000 cc, it made sense, it was logical. The system read that as more than a month so the patient would pay a full month's copay for the 3 extra days and when you get a refill, you pay another $20 for the next 33 days.

I insisted they fix it. They did, bless those pharmacy techs for taking the time to see what was going on and taking action. But if I didn't know what was going on, I might have just thought it had to do with the medicine costing more for who knows what reason.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I've been struggling with extreme fatigue for several years now. I know (or thought I knew) the medical reasons behind it. There are several. Among them was sleep apnea.

Anyway, I finally got a sleep study done this week, as I've been told by my doctor for the last year that sleep apnea is almost certainly the problem. Well, today I was told that I don't have it. The test showed no signs of it. This is great news. Right? Except... why do I wake more tired than when I go to bed? Why do I need a nap everyday? Why do I wake with splitting headaches? Fall asleep while driving? I have all the classic signs/symptoms.

A single night's test is supposed to prove all that is something else? And it just so happens the night of the sleep test I slept better than a I have in years. No idea why. I can't breathe out of my nose at all but that night I did for some reason. Breathed clearly all night. What the hell?

Anyway, yay for not having to use a c-pap machine.

But I'm angry because the doctor didn't say, "Well, it's not sleep apnea, maybe it's _______. Let's try this". It was more like, "It's not sleep apnea so there's nothing wrong with you. You're fine."

And I am not fine.

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes you get mad at your dentist for getting you in with no waiting because then you didn't have time to read your book.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to pencil erasers? I swear they used to work when they were old. But for years (decades?) now, any eraser I have that's more than a few months old hardens and quits working!

Jason

Registered
Reaction score
This is why it's called practicing medicine. Doctors don't know everything. Don't get me wrong, I'd be upset too - in fact I am having some medical establishment issues of my own at the moment. While they may have a Ph.D., that doesn't mean they don't need to be held to a standard of service. It means when my blood work comes back, you need to call me. I shouldn't be calling you three weeks later to see if the results are in yet... :rant:

Sometimes Ph.D. doesn't mean Doctor of Philosophy...Sometimes PHD stands for Pretty Huge D***!

We have an instructor on staff who has now left my training center in an unpresentable condition for not the first, not the second, but the third consecutive time. Networking gear removed, cabling shifted, configurations changed across all the student computers. Additionally, there were coffee and soda stains across all the student work stations. One keyboard was so sticky with some kind of something gross that the enter key was mashed down and stuck in place. I tried to remove a student file off the desktop 3 times before I realized the reason it was opening fifty times...

You want me to respect the degree? Fine, then respect me too as a human being. Having your Ph.D. doesn't mean you can leave the place a mess and think the next instructor to come along is your maid. Stop looking down your nose at people and clean up after yourself.

Sorry, my own rant of the day is done - back to others collective anger management! Happy Friday all! :)

Jason

Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm at the dog park, and I ask what the dogs name is…

Her: It is an Anatolian Doberman mix.

Me: Oh i was asking the name but that's an interesting breed. Where's that from?

Her: Anatolia

Me: Yeah I figured but where is that? Europe? Asia? Mid East?

Her: Oh I don't know...

Me: Great talking to you...

Never did get the damn dogs name - what an idgit

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Special events at museums. I totally get why museums would host events and exhibitions to up the footfall and bring more wonga, but why crowd out the actual exhibits? We travelled to the opposite coast to see some trains, but found them unreachable because of stalls selling cakes and toys. We weren't there to buy toys.

And model railways. Fine, but if you don't want little fingers prodding 1:76 scale trees, put up a guard, don't get arsey. Conversely, the displays are meant for small children too, why set it at chest height? I can only lift one child at a time, and while I'm doing that, I can't keep prodding fingers off the more accessible layouts.

Bit of planning and forethought would keep everyone happy.