Anger Management

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
PS, not a complaint, but a question about AW--how does one do the cross-outs in the quotes? Am I just that dumb? I really can't find it . . .

Took me forever to figure it out. Hit "Go Advanced" and when you get there, you'll have more options, including a cross out button on the bottom row, right side.

Also, I hate people who think it's okay to text during a movie. Like because it's quite I can't see the light shining in the dark theater, blinding me. I will yell at an idiot, right in the movie, for texting. I spent $15 on this movie. Go text in the hall!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
PS, not a complaint, but a question about AW--how does one do the cross-outs in the quotes? Am I just that dumb? I really can't find it . . .

When composing a post (or editing one), use the "go advanced" button. You'll see more options for formatting your post. One of them looks like this: ABC Use it the way you would use the bold or italic buttons. Alternatively, you could type your text inside [ S ] and [ /S ] (except do not use the spaces I did inside the brackets -- I did that because otherwise you would just see and.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I hate people who keep their seat reclined during the meal service on the plane. I won't hate you for reclining your seat on a long-haul overnight flight as long as you're considerate about it, but for pete's sake put it up while we're eating so I have room for my tray.

Oh, also people who put their feet (especially bare) up in my space on a plane (e.g, from behind on my armrest). This is NOT something I should have to ask you to stop doing.

And if there's an empty middle seat between us? That's shared buffer space. We each get half, and we're grateful we have two full armrests and a bit of extra space to put our stuff. You do NOT get to flip up the armrest and lie down across it with either your head or feet right up next to me. Because if you do? I'm dropping something heavy, wet, and/or hot on you and pretending it's an accident.

Why yes, I did just take a transatlantic flight. Why do you ask?

Last edited:

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Took me forever to figure it out. Hit "Go Advanced" and when you get there, you'll have more options, including a cross out button on the bottom row, right side.

Also, I hate people who think it's okay to text during a movie. Like because it's quite I can't see the light shining in the dark theater, blinding me. I will yell at an idiot, right in the movie, for texting. I spent $15 on this movie. Go text in the hall!

Thank you so much for the answer! I can't wait to utilize my new skill!

Agreed on movie texting, or even just checking. That light is so distracting, and what can't wait 2 hours???

Same with dinner, when someone keeps checking, um, aren't we here to talk? I had a girlfriend swiping on one of those dating sites while we were talking--RUDE!

Oh, and sips wine ruefully, then sips again!

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
When composing a post (or editing one), use the "go advanced" button. You'll see more options for formatting your post. One of them looks like this: ABC Use it the way you would use the bold or italic buttons. Alternatively, you could type your text inside [ S ] and [ /S ] (except do not use the spaces I did inside the brackets -- I did that because otherwise you would just see and.

Thanks Cassandra! I'm so glad I asked! Can't wait to stop trying to find other solutions!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I had a girlfriend swiping on one of those dating sites while we were talking--RUDE!

You said had, so I assume she's an ex? Please say she's an ex. You totally could have utilized your new-found skill in that sentence. I had a girlfriend swiping.... See? Awesome.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
And if there's an empty middle seat between us? That's shared buffer space. We each get half, and we're grateful we have two full armrests and a bit of extra space to put our stuff. You do NOT get to flip up the armrest and lie down across it with either your head or feet right up next to me. Because if you do? I'm dropping something heavy, wet, and/or hot on you and pretending it's an accident.

Why yes, I did just take a transatlantic flight. Why do you ask?

I find touching them makes them move away, LOL! Flying is a patience-trier to be sure!

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
You said had, so I assume she's an ex? Please say she's an ex. You totally could have utilized your new-found skill in that sentence. I had a girlfriend swiping.... See? Awesome.

Ha, I meant had done that once. She's still a friend who happens to be a girl--wink-wink.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I hate people who keep their seat reclined during the meal service on the plane. I won't hate you for reclining your seat on a long-haul overnight flight as long as you're considerate about it, but for pete's sake put it up while we're eating so I have room for my tray.

Oh my god. Seat recliners on planes? I'm generally a pretty level person. It takes a lot to ruffle me. But people on planes who think just because their seat can recline means it's their right to put it the whole way back for the entire duration of a flight?

I WANT TO KILL YOU!! I want throttle your puny little neck (that's conveniently within easy reach since you're practically IN MY FREAKING LAP!!) until you stop breathing and DIE!! I HATE YOU!!!

*cough*

Ahem.

*waves*

Can anyone eat these donuts?

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I find touching them makes them move away, LOL! Flying is a patience-trier to be sure!

Last time I flew I sat next to a man with very bad B.O. that tried to cover it up with even worse smelling cologne. My nose will never be the same. I wasn't going to touch him, no matter how close he infringed on my space. I just kept sliding further and further out into the aisle.

Ha, I meant had done that once. She's still a friend who happens to be a girl--wink-wink.

Glad to know she's not a serial meal-texter. ('wink, wink'? Now you've got me wondering all sorts of things.)

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Does this have anything to do with the other drivers who are trying to kill me?

I would definitely not recommend touching them! In a car their personal zone is extended to the whole interior space--their own personal bubble.

And if I were driving next to you, I'm be yelling--this way, quick! They're trying to kill us!

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to know she's not a serial meal-texter. ('wink, wink'? Now you've got me wondering all sorts of things.)

hmm, should I explain . . . I bet all those things you're thinking are more interesting than the truth!

bwah-ha-ha

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Oh my god. Seat recliners on planes? I'm generally a pretty level person. It takes a lot to ruffle me. But people on planes who think just because their seat can recline means it's their right to put it the whole way back for the entire duration of a flight?

I WANT TO KILL YOU!! I want throttle your puny little neck (that's conveniently within easy reach since you're practically IN MY FREAKING LAP!!) until you stop breathing and DIE!! I HATE YOU!!!

*cough*

Ahem.

*waves*

Can anyone eat these donuts?

My theory is this: If it's a reasonably short flight and/or a daytime flight, everybody should keep their seat up.

If it's overnight and a very long flight (like, over an ocean), you should keep your seat up until the meal service is served and cleared and they dim the lights. Then you can recline and try to get some pathetic broken sleep until they turn the lights back on. If the flight is too short for them to have a meal service and light-dimming, suck it up and keep your seat upright.

Last edited:

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, God--planes. One transatlantic flight I was in a middle row with a woman and her sick child...the kid not only threw up repeatedly, but her mother changed said kid's diarrhea-filled diaper on the seat next to me. Then she threw a fit when the flight attendant put on rubber gloves to remove the diaper: "What? You think she has AIDS?"

The guy with the meal cart slipped me an extra bottle of wine.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, God--planes. One transatlantic flight I was in a middle row with a woman and her sick child...the kid not only threw up repeatedly, but her mother changed said kid's diarrhea-filled diaper on the seat next to me. Then she threw a fit when the flight attendant put on rubber gloves to remove the diaper: "What? You think she has AIDS?"

As he well should have.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
hmm, should I explain . . . I bet all those things you're thinking are more interesting than the truth!

bwah-ha-ha

Probably. I have a naughty mind.

Anyhoo, did you know you can combine replies to multiple people's comments? Just click the little 'quote +" button at the bottom right on all the comments you want to reply to, then click "reply with quote" and they'll all show up together. That saves you a bit of time--saves you from needing to create multiple posts. Ignore me if you already knew this. Just trying to be my helpful self.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
My theory is this: If it's a reasonably short flight and/or a daytime flight, everybody should keep their seat up.

If it's overnight and a very long flight (like, over an ocean), you should keep your seat up until the meal service is served and cleared and they dim the lights. Then you can recline and try to get some pathetic broken sleep until they turn the lights back on. If the flight is too short for them to have a meal service and light-dimming, suck it up and keep your seat upright.

I do think that even during "attempting to sleep" times, no one should put their seat back the whole way. A little? Sure. The whole way? Not on your life. I'm not someone who can sleep on planes (hell, I can't sleep in beds half the time), so I'm always awake. The problem with plane designs is that the screen is mounted on the seat in front. If the person in front reclines fully, not only is it damn uncomfortable for the person behind, they also lose their entertainment system.

Yes, I get really annoyed about this. :D

You may have my share, be frank!

Thanks!!

LOL. But man does that flight sound awful.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Probably. I have a naughty mind.

Anyhoo, did you know you can combine replies to multiple people's comments? Just click the little 'quote +" button at the bottom right on all the comments you want to reply to, then click "reply with quote" and they'll all show up together. That saves you a bit of time--saves you from needing to create multiple posts. Ignore me if you already knew this. Just trying to be my helpful self.

The naughtier the better, hee . . .

And yeah, thanks on the multi-quote! I have tried a few times, just not waiting till all the ones were checked first.

Tonight, everyone is posting so fast it's hard to keep up!

:)

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I get really annoyed about this. :D

I actually like sitting up, so don't throw any stones on a red-eye--I wait till the last possible moment!

He should have slipped you a ticket for a free flight!

Extra wine was better than nothing, but wow! I don't know if I could handle a puker without puking!

I know, right?? So fast. Everyone needs to rant so badly.

Look, I used my new skill! I am getting edumacated tonight!

:)