Anger Management

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
*may or may not have demolished a dozen donuts*

My neighbors suck. They've taken to throwing their still mostly full beer cans over my 8-ft tall fence (which was there before I was soo ...) :Soapbox: And they have very, very bad taste in beer to boot!

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

My neighbors suck. They've taken to throwing their still mostly full beer cans over my 8-ft tall fence (which was there before I was soo ...) :Soapbox: And they have very, very bad taste in beer to boot!

Throw them back, along with better empties.

The chocolatier near me makes the most amazing, giant chocolate chip and chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, with his own chocolate, some of which they keep on a warmer, for gooeyness. He also makes ice cream, including a spicy chocolate. The staff will make you a fresh ice cream sandwich if you ask. We could go there.

Cassandra -- I do not disagree, though it's hard to discern shades of badness when it's just always bad. Oh, are there three crosstown buses lined up at the stop? Yes! Are they pulling away in unison? Yes! Is there going to be another in the next 20 minutes? HAHAHAHAHA.

Is the downtown train insanely crowded? Of course. Is there another for 15 minutes? Don't be ridiculous. Will there then be three, 30 seconds apart? Of course.

heza

Registered
Reaction score

I had neighbors once who had backyard BBQs every weekend, and everyone would throw their chicken bones into my yard. And I had a dog!

Speaking of dogs... why is it that we've lived in our brand new house for three years with nary a spill on the carpet, but as soon as we decide to put it on the market, the dog gets three bouts of pancreatitis, which involved a lot of stuff coming out both ends, and the cat takes up daily grass eating/puking?

It is like every single damaging thing that has happened to that house has only happened in the last month and a half.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
I had neighbors once who had backyard BBQs every weekend, and everyone would throw their chicken bones into my yard. And I had a dog!

Speaking of dogs... why is it that we've lived in our brand new house for three years with nary a spill on the carpet, but as soon as we decide to put it on the market, the dog gets three bouts of pancreatitis, which involved a lot of stuff coming out both ends, and the cat takes up daily grass eating/puking?

It is like every single damaging thing that has happened to that house has only happened in the last month and a half.

They don't want to move, caught that old episode of the Brady Bunch in which the kids don't want to move so fake a haunting and all manner of stuff, and didn't have a tape recorder, so defaulted to what they can do.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
OMG!!!! Those Chocolate-Dipped, Krispy Kreme Donut Ice Cream Sammiches look amazing.

DANG! I'd even trade a pair of my shoes for a couple of those bad boys. :tongue

Whooooa. Now, hold on a second, let's not get crazy. I love ice cream as much as the next gal but do not, I repeat, NO NOT ransom the shoes. Shoes equal life. LIFE.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I like sugar. I hate drivers who won't put down their phones--within the space of a few minutes, two of them drifted into my lane the other day and missed me by that much.

As far as doughnuts and ice cream go, I prefer the good ol' fashioned Brown Derby: cake doughnut with a scoop of ice cream on top, drenched in hot fudge. But they don't seem to make them around here. Which is something else to be mad about.

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
*writes AS IF on card as Lill already knows and disavows me on a regular basis*
"Hello my name is Dalene, I am an...oops" *just go with it* "angry person." *Sneaks 2 glasses of red*
What really makes me angry is when my husband is driving and some igno wants to drive practically halfway in the trunk of a cop car! My husband starts saying rude (obscenity laced) comments. My blood pressure starts to rise, but of course the imbecile behind us doesn't even hear him... Then when we stop for a light husband gets out of the car and makes it a point to look at the rear of our car and the front of theirs, before giving them a rude shrug and glaring intimidatingly into their eyes.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, Dalene...

Two Things: Number 1 - Your Hubby drives a cop car? How cool is that? - Number 2 - I like that *Check-theRear-Bumper move - Niiiice!

Oh, and what kinda name is Dalene? Did you lose the "r" ??? :Shrug:

Last edited:

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
It would mostly be great, if he hadn't already ranted for 20 minutes lots of expletives (also, he has a very deep southern accented voice, think Sam Elliott. Would you want to hear THAT voice cursing and Pissed?).

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Throw them back, along with better empties.

Oh you bet I tossed it back. But I forget my own strength most of the time, so it's stuck on their roof.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
If you have a trampoline you could lift and tilt, or a way to stretch a sheet tightly, just in back of the fence away from their sight line, that might be fun too.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
It would mostly be great, if he hadn't already ranted for 20 minutes lots of expletives (also, he has a very deep southern accented voice, think Sam Elliott. Would you want to hear THAT voice cursing and Pissed?).

Hey, now. No making fun of deep southern accents! Except I'm not from the south so mine is a horrifying mix of all sorts of accents from all over the states (and a few countries, too).

Oh you bet I tossed it back. But I forget my own strength most of the time, so it's stuck on their roof.

Stuck on their roof? Even better!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
For the record, it is not necessary to swerve into the right hand lane before you make a left hand turn. Nor is it necessary to swerve into the left hand lane before you make a right hand turn. Should you do either of those things, you should be taken out and shot.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
For annoying drivers, what's with this trend of leaving 3-5 car lengths of empty space between a car and the one in front of them at a stoplight? Is it really people seeing a red and whipping out their cell phones (as so many people seem to do the moment their car is not moving) and not paying attention? It's especially irritating in turn lanes that habitually back up.

Ergh...

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely NOT making fun of southern accents! (The girls at the wedding we attended in Maryland said he sounded like Sam who is one of my absolute FAVES) I just know That voice to me is GOLD!

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
I hate worse than the extra car lengths, when you are behind someone who is playing or texting on their phone and make you wait through several chances to have gone. Yeah, you ARE cute...NOT THAT CUTE!

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Well . . . I wished I liked donuts more, LOL!

You've all covered my greatest hits--already. No directionals, bottle-necking, or just cutting in rudely, switching lanes carelessly, people on their phones.

Didn't they used to have a mega-phone with quotes you could blast at people. "Get off your F-ing phone" would be a good one to add.

I can also say, when the kids these days are crossing streets with their faces glued to a screen, um, dangerous, and oh, yes dear, take your time, no one has to be anywhere while you gush over Kim K's new shoes.

I'm from the East Coast and now live in LA, so . . .ahem . . . I have developed the patience of a saint. All that rage wasn't doing me any good. My strategy: I listen to audio books and just let them be rude. I'm busy being entertained. I have also found pre-planning for the jerks out there, and leaving early, helps infinitely with my patience. When I'm running late (hee) I'm so stressed, especially in the morning when my coffee is threatening to burst my bladder!

Guess my tag would read: Old Lady Driver, even tho I'm a guy, and as for donuts--more for you all!!!

Thanks for a "vent-space" Lillian!

And I own my inner old lady driver, it's others who use it offensively.

PS, not a complaint, but a question about AW--how does one do the cross-outs in the quotes? Am I just that dumb? I really can't find it . . .

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
My city has nearly every main road under construction and due to massive population growth, we desperately wider streets. The problem is, when the city put the projects up for bid, they accepted the lowest bid and so, of course, the work is going at a snail's pace. I have YET to see more than four guys out there at a time. Both main roads to my house are completely torn up, grid-locked, and it's been like this for TWO YEARS with no sign of the finish line.

My fifteen minute commute takes over an hour. They block the entire street during prime travel times to work on it instead of working at night like they should if they were smart. It's horrible and I hate it and I want to scream every time I leave my house. Now, who has more cake? And pass me a beer. KateSmash, I'll even take a half-empty one from your yard.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*writes "GRRR!!!" on a name tag*

I brought mini lava cakes, ice cream mochi, and deep fried ice cream, plus crates of alcohol. Please help yourself.

• Bus drivers who deliberately slam on the breaks -- yes, deliberately. They've admitted it countless times.
  • Tourists with huge suitcases that group up and block walkways, platforms, access/exit points, and whatever else they can without dying. Then again, they don't care about the dying part; they block traffic too.
  • People with huge backpacks who can't take them off when they get on a crowded bus then wonder why they keep getting shoved (bonus: they blame it on everyone else, then insist that they need to stand where they are 'cos it's the only room they have).
  • The SO who right now isn't an SO but is an SO. Grrr.......

I'll stop here.

*Munches a deep fried ice cream and a taro-flavoured ice cream mochi; champagne....*