AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163135363738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,024 of 1024

Thread: Anger Management

practical experience, FTW Jan74's Avatar
    Hi my name is Jan

I really really really hate it when the car behind me parks so close to me in the parking lot that I can't even open my trunk. THERE ARE LINES PEOPLE!!!!!!DON'T CROSS OVER THE LINE!!!!!!

whew that fell good to get that off my chest. Carry on

"You fail only if you stop writing" ~Ray Bradbury~
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs" ~Stephen King~
    WIP Romance or Women's fiction, hopefully by the end I'll know.
    "If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word." ~Margaret Atwood~
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." ~Mary Angelou~

practical experience, FTW Jan74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrealana View Post
    That feeling when the skinniest bitches in the office are gathered around the donuts talking about how disgusting and fat they are and how no one should have to see such a horrible sight...

And you're holding your fucking carrot sticks and water because you STILL weigh 200 fucking pounds and would gouge out an eye to look like one of them even for a day you've spent so many years fighting your weight.

And then one of them bops over to your desk calling you "Pretty Carrie in the corner" because she wants something from you, and you know now how she sees you and you know all that "Pretty Carrie" talk is bullshit and she knows how disgusting and ugly you really are.

That feeling.

That's where I am today.
    (((Hugs))) I hear ya loud and clear. My hubby is super fit and athletic, I of course have had three children and my center of gravity is NOWHERE near where it once was! Tell the stupid skinny bitches to STFU!

"You fail only if you stop writing" ~Ray Bradbury~
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs" ~Stephen King~
    WIP Romance or Women's fiction, hopefully by the end I'll know.
    "If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word." ~Margaret Atwood~
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." ~Mary Angelou~

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    Okay, it shouldn't piss me off but why do smoke detectors only need battery replacement at 3 am? why not in the middle of the day when I'm already up? And why am I required to have SIX detectors in a less-than-ten foot space? Two would do the trick just fine. But there is one going up the stairs, one at the top of the stairs, and one just inside each of the bedroom doors that are LITERALLY right next to one another. When you set those things off, the piercing chirp is so loud you can hear it next door. No way we need SIX of them to tell us there is smoke. Stupidest set up ever. And if they are wired to the house, why the hell do they need batteries??????

- - - Updated - - -

In case of a power outage? Because then the chances we'd be able to do anything to create smoke in the first place are practically void. There has to be a better system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

practical experience, FTW MaeZe's Avatar
    Grumble grumble.

I'm supposed to pay $10/month copay for prescription meds. Aug/Sept/Oct have 14 weeks total in them. The pharmacy counts 4 weeks/month or 12 weeks. I'm getting short changed out of 2 weeks. I call benefits and they transfer me to pharmacy who tells me they use 4 weeks to calculate the amount to charge. I look at my policy, it says 30 days, not 28. That leaves 6 extra days in 3 months, or almost a week. I'm still getting cheated out of a week. It's not like after 4 months they add another week in to what they dispense.

In the meantime while I was on hold, one of my clients called 3 times according to my caller ID but left no message. Calling them back I get put on hold until my phone battery dies. And chances are the reception desk won't know who called me anyway.

Ahhhhhhhhh!

In the process of road construction, the city removed an ESSENTIAL street light and apparently have no plans to replace it. Which means trying to merge without the benefit of a light, into bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush-hour. What the f*** were they thinking?? Now my commute, which normally takes an hour, is going to take an hour and a half. It was bad enough with the aid of that light...now what??
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz

Banned for Trolling
    Why do my cats think that the best time to come visit me is when I'm watching TV or on the computer? And THEN, block the TV or try to lay down on the computer? WHY!!

Then I yell at the cats and my wife yells at me for yelling at them.......I didn't start this......why am I the bad guy for the cats being jerks?
    Last edited by armydillo978; 08-08-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Ideas bounce around in my head Jason's Avatar
    Why in the freaking world does work have spates of absolute insanity followed by equally abysmal spates of absolute silence? Why can't they even out the training schedule for some sort of consistency throughout the year? Don't they know they're bumping into my writing/surfing/wasting time portion of the day with this regular time suck of actually working?!?!?!

(It's been nearly two weeks since I've found time to do much more than quickly hit the latest posts here on AW - and this time there were ten pages of it to catch up on )

*grumble grumble grumble*
    2017 Goals
    Read 50 of these books
    Come up with a good book idea and actually write it!

Some idiot at my kid's school pulled the fire alarm two minutes before class got out. Now the entire student body and all waiting parents have to wait for the fire department to clear the school, let the kids back inside, and then the kids can get their belongings and be dismissed for the day. So we all wait. Also, it's raining.

Hot!

Has One Badass Arm ManWithTheMetalArm's Avatar
    Muggy, hot, tired, still a bit pissed off at an argument I had the other day at work with a coworker in which I was way to tired to retort properly, and still haven't gotten my fucking funding for this fall's semester! Eight weeks my ass! Like usual, I also have a million projects to do, but it just seems like I have even more than usual, and it's frustrating me to no end! Also, I heard from another coworker who goes to the same college I go to that the Lowe's I work at has a bad habit of putting your new availability schedule at the bottom of their "to do" pile, and it'll take several times of reminding them to not schedule you at X time before it gets in there system, so that'll be just fucking DANDY to deal with!

Where's my coffee?
    I am an adurlt. A grown-up, manly-man adurlt. Who says mean, naughty words. GRUNDLES!

I tend to be a bit of a lurky-loo.

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS!

Quote Originally Posted by armydillo978 View Post
    Why do my cats think that the best time to come visit me is when I'm watching TV or on the computer? And THEN, block the TV or try to lay down on the computer? WHY!!

Then I yell at the cats and my wife yells at me for yelling at them.......I didn't start this......why am I the bad guy for the cats being jerks?
    Cats. Ya gotta love 'em. They are wonderful teases.

Banned for Trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by WriteMinded View Post
    Cats. Ya gotta love 'em. They are wonderful teases.
    And they're not so bad with steak sauce either.

Why is that my dryer goes just as I have TWO baskets full of laundry to do......why? And the repair people may or may not call back within two working days.....when I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by armydillo978 View Post
    And they're not so bad with steak sauce either.

Why is that my dryer goes just as I have TWO baskets full of laundry to do......why? And the repair people may or may not call back within two working days.....when I'm at work.
    It heard that awful thing you said about cats. Deal with it.

I was just referred to as an OG Baller in a student review...

Not sure if I should be pleased at the positive tone in the second half of the definition, or be sad that I am considered "old to the point of being ancient"

*sigh*
    2017 Goals
    Read 50 of these books

My house. Is filthy. And I am only responsible for creating a small portion of the mess. And yet, I'm the only one who is, apparently, capable of cleaning it up. Despite my ranting and raving and threatening and worse. Things are going to change around here because I quit. Seriously.

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist Brightdreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian_Blaire View Post
    My house. Is filthy. And I am only responsible for creating a small portion of the mess. And yet, I'm the only one who is, apparently, capable of cleaning it up. Despite my ranting and raving and threatening and worse. Things are going to change around here because I quit. Seriously.
    Sounds sadly familiar - with the added complication I can't touch most of the mess because it's Not My Stuff.

We're in the middle of a cleaning-related project right now (our main fridge is dying, and replacement can't happen until two rooms are sufficiently cleaned to move the old one out and a new one in) - and every day something else happens. Earlier we determined that the floor tiles in the kitchen are badly damaged. Then we determined they're old asbestos tiles. And the other day the trigger-prone sibling had a major, top of the lungs, throw things around the living room level tantrum that she's still coming off of, which is a fist in the gut none of us need.

I just want to go away. Somewhere far away, where there are no asbestos kitchen tiles, no siblings, no family, no mess... just away...
    - Brightdreamer
    Brightdreamer's Book Reviews

"Inspiration will strike you, and leave you for dead. The police will do nothing."
    - from The Daily Humorscope

No, you're the grease monkey. Fruitbat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrealana View Post
    That feeling when the skinniest bitches in the office are gathered around the donuts talking about how disgusting and fat they are and how no one should have to see such a horrible sight...

And you're holding your fucking carrot sticks and water because you STILL weigh 200 fucking pounds and would gouge out an eye to look like one of them even for a day you've spent so many years fighting your weight.

And then one of them bops over to your desk calling you "Pretty Carrie in the corner" because she wants something from you, and you know now how she sees you and you know all that "Pretty Carrie" talk is bullshit and she knows how disgusting and ugly you really are.

That feeling.

That's where I am today.
    That sounds like a great start to a story!
    Story Prompts That Work: 52 Detailed, Tested Story Starters for Short Stories and Flash Fiction (for Adults and Teens)
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...mpts+that+work

Writing Flash Fiction: How to Write Very Short Stories and Get Them Published
    http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Flash-...0670797&sr=1-1

Coffee House Lies: 100 Cups of Flash Fiction:
    http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-House-L...fee+house+lies

Blog: http://carlyberg.com/

Banned for Trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    That sounds like a great start to a story!
    Agreed....it does....not sure if humor, romance, mystery, or horror.....but it's got promise. I was intrigued.....and thinking of punching them skinny bitches right in the face. That or waiting until they get to the office party and pouring pigs blood all over them. Meh.

I'm a technical trainer - and teach week long classes on various topics of telephony. The curriculum varies, but every week starts off with a meet n greet "module" where we do a quick intro of the company, ourselves, and ask the attendees to give a few details (name, company, and hobbies). In this "module" there's a section where we always ask students to put their phones on vibrate, and try to keep from doing work stuff (email, etc.) while class is in session. If they have to take calls, and such, fine, but otherwise, please refrain from usage.

It's a short module - maybe 20 minutes. Yesterday, during that bit about phones, one guy was on his phone the entire time.

2017 Goals
    Read 50 of these books

Polydactyl Landshrimp underpope's Avatar
    I hate it when people say "beer" but really mean Coors or Budweiser or something like that. C'mon, give me Guinness or Dogfish Head or Bruary... REAL beer. And not something that's been hopped into oblivion to cover the skunky taste. There's more flavors for craft brewers than HOPS HOPS HOPS OMG ADD ALL THE HOPS!

*settles down*

Eats an ice cream doughnut.

And yep, we get them around here in Sacramento. Mmmmm.
    -----
    Richard S. Crawford: Code monkey by day, word monkey by night
    Website/Blog: www.underpope.com
    For your reading pleasure, a wee horror novella: The Winds of Patwin County

Eight attempts by three nurses to get an IV in me. And then they tell me it's the wrong gauge needle and they'll need to redo it.

Hell no!!

Polydactyl Landshrimp underpope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian_Blaire View Post
    Eight attempts by three nurses to get an IV in me. And then they tell me it's the wrong gauge needle and they'll need to redo it.

Hell no!!
    Oh, ugh, I hate that! Every time I go for a blood draw, I end up with four or five bruises from where they unsuccessfully tried to put in a needle. And the last time I needed anesthesia, they ended up putting the needle in my foot because they could not find a good place in my arm.
    -----
    Richard S. Crawford: Code monkey by day, word monkey by night
    Website/Blog: www.underpope.com
    For your reading pleasure, a wee horror novella: The Winds of Patwin County

Speaking of blood, just smashed a mosquito and it was full of blood, and I don't think it was the dogs'.

Killed clutch stuck in the Dalles
    Sucks
    Eclipse was great

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163135363738394041