Anger Management

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Anger Management.

Please use a Sharpie to write your name on a name tag so I can remember you. Help yourself to some coffee and donuts, then have a seat. We'll go around in a circle so everyone can introduce themselves, and then we'll practice breathing exercises and meditation. And when that doesn't work, we will complain here.

Rules:

1. This is NOT the place to complain about anything or anyone AW related. Take those issues up with the mods.

2. This is NOT the place to post your serious personal challenges that need to be handled with kid gloves. Please take those issues to the Conquering Challenges area of The Break Room.

3. This IS the place to complain about bad drivers, your job, how you stepped on a Lego, or things of this nature. Use this as alternative to kicking your pet.

4. Be respectful. Don't judge. AND NO POLITICS. Go to P&CE for that.

Mmkay? Please fold your chair and stack it against the wall when you leave. Now, ready...set...VENT!

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:rant:Drivers who never use their turn signals :rant:

OK, now where are the Cinnamon Buns?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and people who are always "running late" :rant:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
*brings a cake*

Every single person on my way into work every day who races up the ending lane and shoves their way in line. Causes a nasty bottleneck that makes me late no matter how early I leave, and then people who see the bottleneck move into that lane and make it worse because obviously their time is more important than everyone else's! *shoves slice of cake in face* hmph.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score

OK, now where are the Cinnamon Buns?

I can't stand that! And I hid the Cinnamon Buns so no one else would eat them. Hold on a sec and I'll go grab 'em... (yeah, yeah, I'm a kiss-ass. But I'm a genuinely nice kiss-ass, so I can get away with it.)

R.Barrows

Count the Electrons
Registered
Reaction score
Writes "Commuter" on name tag and has some coffee.

"Bad drivers?" Looks around. "Should I wait until there are more people here or starting bitching." Eyes doughnuts and sighs wistfully. "Okay, here's the thing. What is up with the people who own large trucks? It's not that they speed. They do. Everyone speeds. It's that they seem to have a need to pass everyone. Particularly if you're not in a large truck. I'm thinking there's a secret club you get put into when you buy a big truck. You get points for passing cars. Collect enough points and they remove one of your car payments." Takes a sip of coffee and eyes doughnuts again.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
*brings a cake*

Every single person on my way into work every day who races up the ending lane and shoves their way in line. Causes a nasty bottleneck that makes me late no matter how early I leave, and then people who see the bottleneck move into that lane and make it worse because obviously their time is more important than everyone else's! *shoves slice of cake in face* hmph.

Thanks for bringing the cake. Since this is Anger Management and not AA, we also have booze.

I hate when drivers slow down to gawk at wrecks or just to look at whomever Mr. Policeman pulled over for speeding. I hate drivers who feel it is their responsibility to drive ten MPH under the speed limit. Wine, anyone?

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here. Not very angry though.

Unless, well, there is that yellow box. And the militancy of the entitled.

Nah. I'll have a doughnut. Are icecream doughnuts a thing?

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I hate that, of all the places in my entire house where my cat could go and "bathe" himself, he chooses to do it on my pillow. I have begun to keep my bedroom door closed, but then he paws at it and cries. Yes, cries. Because somehow shedding all over my pillow is essential to his happiness. And also, I'm allergic to cats. *Dips slice of cake INTO the wine and takes a big bite*

CuddlyClementine

Registered
Reaction score

Remind me not to introduce you to my husband. :ROFL:

Lots of drivers here just seem to pull out of turns without looking. Frightens me to death, but luckily I don't drive so I don't endanger anyone else by swerving in panic. :greenie

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Writes "Commuter" on name tag and has some coffee.

"Bad drivers?" Looks around. "Should I wait until there are more people here or starting bitching." Eyes doughnuts and sighs wistfully. "Okay, here's the thing. What is up with the people who own large trucks? It's not that they speed. They do. Everyone speeds. It's that they seem to have a need to pass everyone. Particularly if you're not in a large truck. I'm thinking there's a secret club you get put into when you buy a big truck. You get points for passing cars. Collect enough points and they remove one of your car payments." Takes a sip of coffee and eyes doughnuts again.

Oh god, one of the bottleneckers this morning was a large truck. Like, a LIFTED F-150, because a big truck just wasn't big enough. Just sped on by like the rest of us weren't there. I won't say what thoughts I had about THAT guy...

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
If I might make a suggestion, you might also want to direct those who want to issue angry rants about political things to P&CE. This being election season and all.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Turn the pillow over. :)

Can we discuss the transit system in the greatest city in the world, equipped with GPS, real-time tracking, and yet still, despite posted schedules, audits, ever-increasing fares, buses and trains still clump constantly, so there are three all within a minute of each other, then none for 10, 15, 20 minutes. WTF MTA? It's not like this is some newfangled system. Get your shit together, like, ever.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Those are biscuits. Biscuits are not doughnuts.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just saying.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Turn the pillow over. :)

Can we discuss the transit system in the greatest city in the world, equipped with GPS, real-time tracking, and yet still, despite posted schedules, audits, ever-increasing fares, buses and trains still clump constantly, so there are three all within a minute of each other, then none for 10, 15, 20 minutes. WTF MTA? It's not like this is some newfangled system. Get your shit together, like, ever.

Is it just me, or do things get worse every time they raise the fares?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing the cake. Since this is Anger Management and not AA, we also have booze.

I hate when drivers slow down to gawk at wrecks or just to look at whomever Mr. Policeman pulled over for speeding. I hate drivers who feel it is their responsibility to drive ten MPH under the speed limit. Wine, anyone?

I was in a three mile back up once. Got to the end and there was one guy changing a tire completely off the road on the shoulder! Three friggin stop and go miles!

Too early for wine here, still have to work.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I could have a rant about Nimbys, my word do I hate those bastards. Defending their privilege with bullshit pretense about concern for the environment. Bollocks.

HS2, Heathrow expansion, you name it. We even get objections to solar farms round here. But I can't be too angry, the NIMBY arseholes lost their fight over here and our new road opens imminently. Ha.

Am I doing this Right? I don't think I am.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
/writes down "Studmuffin"

What's with all this sugar? The only things people brings to these meetings is anger and sugar. You know what makes anger dull and festering? More sugar. It makes you anxious because you know that sugar cannot placate that anger but it gives you the sensation that maybe for this time, I can have a sweet moment. And that sweet moment turns into gluttony. That gluttony leads to more self-loathing. And that self-loathing leads to more anger. And that anger leads to more sugar. More gluttony. More loathing. More anger.

Pass me that doughnut.