Anger Management

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi my name is Jan :)

I really really really hate it when the car behind me parks so close to me in the parking lot that I can't even open my trunk. THERE ARE LINES PEOPLE!!!!!!DON'T CROSS OVER THE LINE!!!!!!

whew that fell good to get that off my chest. Carry on :)

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That feeling when the skinniest bitches in the office are gathered around the donuts talking about how disgusting and fat they are and how no one should have to see such a horrible sight...

And you're holding your fucking carrot sticks and water because you STILL weigh 200 fucking pounds and would gouge out an eye to look like one of them even for a day you've spent so many years fighting your weight.

And then one of them bops over to your desk calling you "Pretty Carrie in the corner" because she wants something from you, and you know now how she sees you and you know all that "Pretty Carrie" talk is bullshit and she knows how disgusting and ugly you really are.

That feeling.

That's where I am today.

(((Hugs))) I hear ya loud and clear. My hubby is super fit and athletic, I of course have had three children and my center of gravity is NOWHERE near where it once was! Tell the stupid skinny bitches to STFU! :)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, it shouldn't piss me off but why do smoke detectors only need battery replacement at 3 am? why not in the middle of the day when I'm already up? And why am I required to have SIX detectors in a less-than-ten foot space? Two would do the trick just fine. But there is one going up the stairs, one at the top of the stairs, and one just inside each of the bedroom doors that are LITERALLY right next to one another. When you set those things off, the piercing chirp is so loud you can hear it next door. No way we need SIX of them to tell us there is smoke. Stupidest set up ever. And if they are wired to the house, why the hell do they need batteries??????

- - - Updated - - -

In case of a power outage? Because then the chances we'd be able to do anything to create smoke in the first place are practically void. There has to be a better system.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Grumble grumble.

I'm supposed to pay $10/month copay for prescription meds. Aug/Sept/Oct have 14 weeks total in them. The pharmacy counts 4 weeks/month or 12 weeks. I'm getting short changed out of 2 weeks. I call benefits and they transfer me to pharmacy who tells me they use 4 weeks to calculate the amount to charge. I look at my policy, it says 30 days, not 28. That leaves 6 extra days in 3 months, or almost a week. I'm still getting cheated out of a week. It's not like after 4 months they add another week in to what they dispense.

In the meantime while I was on hold, one of my clients called 3 times according to my caller ID but left no message. Calling them back I get put on hold until my phone battery dies. And chances are the reception desk won't know who called me anyway.

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
In the process of road construction, the city removed an ESSENTIAL street light and apparently have no plans to replace it. Which means trying to merge without the benefit of a light, into bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush-hour. What the f*** were they thinking?? Now my commute, which normally takes an hour, is going to take an hour and a half. It was bad enough with the aid of that light...now what?? :rant:

armydillo978

Banned
Reaction score
Why do my cats think that the best time to come visit me is when I'm watching TV or on the computer? And THEN, block the TV or try to lay down on the computer? WHY!!

Then I yell at the cats and my wife yells at me for yelling at them.......I didn't start this......why am I the bad guy for the cats being jerks?

Last edited:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Why in the freaking world does work have spates of absolute insanity followed by equally abysmal spates of absolute silence? Why can't they even out the training schedule for some sort of consistency throughout the year? Don't they know they're bumping into my writing/surfing/wasting time portion of the day with this regular time suck of actually working?!?!?!

(It's been nearly two weeks since I've found time to do much more than quickly hit the latest posts here on AW - and this time there were ten pages of it to catch up on :( )

*grumble grumble grumble*

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Some idiot at my kid's school pulled the fire alarm two minutes before class got out. Now the entire student body and all waiting parents have to wait for the fire department to clear the school, let the kids back inside, and then the kids can get their belongings and be dismissed for the day. So we all wait. Also, it's raining.

ManWithTheMetalArm

Has One Badass Arm
Registered
Reaction score
Muggy, hot, tired, still a bit pissed off at an argument I had the other day at work with a coworker in which I was way to tired to retort properly, and still haven't gotten my fucking funding for this fall's semester! Eight weeks my ass! Like usual, I also have a million projects to do, but it just seems like I have even more than usual, and it's frustrating me to no end! Also, I heard from another coworker who goes to the same college I go to that the Lowe's I work at has a bad habit of putting your new availability schedule at the bottom of their "to do" pile, and it'll take several times of reminding them to not schedule you at X time before it gets in there system, so that'll be just fucking DANDY to deal with! :rant:

:e2coffee:

Where's my coffee?

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Why do my cats think that the best time to come visit me is when I'm watching TV or on the computer? And THEN, block the TV or try to lay down on the computer? WHY!!

Then I yell at the cats and my wife yells at me for yelling at them.......I didn't start this......why am I the bad guy for the cats being jerks?
Cats. Ya gotta love 'em. They are wonderful teases.

armydillo978

Banned
Reaction score
Cats. Ya gotta love 'em. They are wonderful teases.

And they're not so bad with steak sauce either.

Why is that my dryer goes just as I have TWO baskets full of laundry to do......why? And the repair people may or may not call back within two working days.....when I'm at work.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
And they're not so bad with steak sauce either.

Why is that my dryer goes just as I have TWO baskets full of laundry to do......why? And the repair people may or may not call back within two working days.....when I'm at work.
It heard that awful thing you said about cats. Deal with it.

Jason

Registered
Reaction score
I was just referred to as an OG Baller in a student review...

Not sure if I should be pleased at the positive tone in the second half of the definition, or be sad that I am considered "old to the point of being ancient"

*sigh*

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
My house. Is filthy. And I am only responsible for creating a small portion of the mess. And yet, I'm the only one who is, apparently, capable of cleaning it up. Despite my ranting and raving and threatening and worse. Things are going to change around here because I quit. Seriously.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
My house. Is filthy. And I am only responsible for creating a small portion of the mess. And yet, I'm the only one who is, apparently, capable of cleaning it up. Despite my ranting and raving and threatening and worse. Things are going to change around here because I quit. Seriously.

Sounds sadly familiar - with the added complication I can't touch most of the mess because it's Not My Stuff.

We're in the middle of a cleaning-related project right now (our main fridge is dying, and replacement can't happen until two rooms are sufficiently cleaned to move the old one out and a new one in) - and every day something else happens. Earlier we determined that the floor tiles in the kitchen are badly damaged. Then we determined they're old asbestos tiles. And the other day the trigger-prone sibling had a major, top of the lungs, throw things around the living room level tantrum that she's still coming off of, which is a fist in the gut none of us need.

I just want to go away. Somewhere far away, where there are no asbestos kitchen tiles, no siblings, no family, no mess... just away...

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That feeling when the skinniest bitches in the office are gathered around the donuts talking about how disgusting and fat they are and how no one should have to see such a horrible sight...

And you're holding your fucking carrot sticks and water because you STILL weigh 200 fucking pounds and would gouge out an eye to look like one of them even for a day you've spent so many years fighting your weight.

And then one of them bops over to your desk calling you "Pretty Carrie in the corner" because she wants something from you, and you know now how she sees you and you know all that "Pretty Carrie" talk is bullshit and she knows how disgusting and ugly you really are.

That feeling.

That's where I am today.

That sounds like a great start to a story!

armydillo978

Banned
Reaction score
That sounds like a great start to a story!

Agreed....it does....not sure if humor, romance, mystery, or horror.....but it's got promise. I was intrigued.....and thinking of punching them skinny bitches right in the face. That or waiting until they get to the office party and pouring pigs blood all over them. Meh.

Jason

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a technical trainer - and teach week long classes on various topics of telephony. The curriculum varies, but every week starts off with a meet n greet "module" where we do a quick intro of the company, ourselves, and ask the attendees to give a few details (name, company, and hobbies). In this "module" there's a section where we always ask students to put their phones on vibrate, and try to keep from doing work stuff (email, etc.) while class is in session. If they have to take calls, and such, fine, but otherwise, please refrain from usage.

It's a short module - maybe 20 minutes. Yesterday, during that bit about phones, one guy was on his phone the entire time.

:rant::Soapbox::guns::Headbang: :Wha:

underpope

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.underpope.com
I hate it when people say "beer" but really mean Coors or Budweiser or something like that. C'mon, give me Guinness or Dogfish Head or Bruary... REAL beer. And not something that's been hopped into oblivion to cover the skunky taste. There's more flavors for craft brewers than HOPS HOPS HOPS OMG ADD ALL THE HOPS!

*settles down*

Eats an ice cream doughnut.

And yep, we get them around here in Sacramento. Mmmmm.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Eight attempts by three nurses to get an IV in me. And then they tell me it's the wrong gauge needle and they'll need to redo it.

Hell no!! :rant:

underpope

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.underpope.com
Eight attempts by three nurses to get an IV in me. And then they tell me it's the wrong gauge needle and they'll need to redo it.

Hell no!! :rant:

Oh, ugh, I hate that! Every time I go for a blood draw, I end up with four or five bruises from where they unsuccessfully tried to put in a needle. And the last time I needed anesthesia, they ended up putting the needle in my foot because they could not find a good place in my arm.

Jason

Registered
Reaction score
Cut the tip of a finger last night. Oh yeah, it's my index finger, on my right hand...

Writing today is gonna be a challenge and I have about 30 work emails to send out (none of which are short or done with pre-formatted templates)

It's fine when I don't type though, only when I put pressure on it, yanno like on a keyboard! :mad: