I have an Agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Wow! Wow for the dream agent! Wow for incredible productivity in the face of nada! Wow for the inspiration! May your books sell well!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

rosemena

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You deserve it! You are an inspiration with all your hard work and incredible persistence.

Locke581

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go!

I only have six, and have some catching up to do.

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! That's amazing. Seven years is a long time so I give you props for not giving up on your dream :^)

jliz0808

Registered
Reaction score
I joined AW in 2009. Seems like just yesterday...

Er..no it doesn't! It seems like about 7 long freaking years ago!

When I first joined, I was a writer of many incomplete stories and decided I would buckle down and finally finish a novel in full. I wrote it in about 2 months and found AW a valuable tool and resource beyond compare in navigating the waters of what exactly it was that I had gotten myself into. I realized I had a long journey ahead of me.

I wanted a book published. That was all that mattered to me.

Then, via the information that I gathered, all that mattered was getting an agent. Agent = You have a shot

So, 7 years, 8 completed manuscripts and hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of rejection emails later, I finally received an offer of rep this week from a MAJOR dream agent whom I met exactly one year ago at a conference.

Such a long journey to get here, but entirely worth it.

I have to thank every single person who critiqued my work in SYW and gave me a thorough lashing anytime I had a query that needed it. So many helpful words of encouragement over the years, and I can truly say that I would never have reached this accomplishment without this forum.

Thank you fellow AWers. I am forever in your debt. You are the best!

As a newbie, I am psyched to read such wonderful news. To see the journey is long and filled with rejections only pushes me to keep going. I can wait seven years. ;) Congrats!

:PartySmil

Lissandra

Registered
Reaction score
Celebrate good times come on! *Cue balloons* I'm happy for you and wishing the same blessings for all who need it!

SoulofaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I got chills. I want to post this topic one day. Thank you so much for sharing, it's really encouraging! And of course, CONGRATULATIONS! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.