Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Drew Brees will have a big game but the Saints will still lose

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see an option for my bet--Clinton will crush Trump with logic, but since logic has been declared invalid this election cycle, Trump will be declared the winner.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I think the chances of Trump being overwhelmingly declared the winner by pundits and the like is close to nil*. I didn't put up options that have so little chance of occurring. :)

As to Clinton winning with "logic," that can be subsumed in the first option.

* Obviously, Trump mouthpieces will declare him the winner. But this is true in every single debate: every candidate is declared the winner by their own mouthpieces.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think the debate will be the incredibly exciting event everyone seems to think it will be. Clinton will likely outshine Trump in terms of policy and elocution, but I'm expecting Trump to more or less behave himself. I think Trump's supporters are going to be disappointed by his performance tonight, and hopefully that will give Clinton a little breathing room in the polls.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Obviously, "bog" should be "big."

Damn this election season!

damn it, the prospect of the bog game was the only thing that kept me clinging to life.

*commits seppuku*

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think the debate will be the incredibly exciting event everyone seems to think it will be. Clinton will likely outshine Trump in terms of policy and elocution, but I'm expecting Trump to more or less behave himself. I think Trump's supporters are going to be disappointed by his performance tonight, and hopefully that will give Clinton a little breathing room in the polls.

This is pretty much my thought, too. Trump has already gone through the primary debates, and he seems to be learning from his experiences. I think this is part of why he's gaining in the polls recently. Although much of his support based expects Trump to be outspoken/outrageous, he's doing better now that he's not saying as many boneheaded things. I wonder if any bump to Clinton will have less to do with Trump tempering his message than how Clinton's message plays to the undecided (and vice versa if the bump is Trump's).

Last edited:

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
I think it actually WILL be exciting.

And my guess is Trump will make at least one major gaffe (whether in knowledge or demeanor), and he will probably be somewhat vague in his answers (though improved from the recent past), and I think he will act more presidential and surprise some folks tonight.

I predict Hillary will try extra hard to show off her knowledge (which doesn't mean she will make the best or even good decisions as POTUS), and she will be sharply and insultingly on the offensive against Trump throughout. I think she has no choice -- there's not a lot of "look how great the Democrats have done..." to fall back on so it needs to be offensive strategy. Not sure if she will insult the Republicans as a whole (which she's done often in the past), because she's trying to gain their votes.

Haha, I'm TERRIBLE at predicting anything.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
The debate will be like two boxers in Zorb balls throwing punches at each other.

Everyone loses.

I hope this isn't how it turns out. If Trump baits Clinton into that, she's in trouble. I heard a pundit on local morning news say the best thing Clinton can do if Trump starts throwing haymakers is look at him like he's half-cocked and not say a word. Fingers crossed.

ETA: Also, I voted for the bog game because Brees is my son's fantasy league QB. GO Aint's!

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
either way, I'm making myself a pizza, opening a bottle of wine, and exchanging snarky texts with a friend of mine throughout.

we'll see, but I think I might be too burned out by this election to get particularly worked up. I'm hoping Clinton gets through without doing any Al Gore-ish sighing (really my only fear for her in this debate), and that Trump does something preposterous that makes me giggle.

Last edited:

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Clinton will put in a stellar and Presidential performance, but because standards have apparently left the building this year because Trump didn't actively shit in his hand and throw it at the audience he'll be declared the winner and have a week of flattering headlines written about him.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
We're on the fence on whether to watch it or not, just because of the sheer dipshittery that is likely to happen. I'm game but my husband thinks a nice movie with dinner and wine sounds better for our mental health. It would take something world shattering* to change my vote at this point.

*Like reptilian overlords taking over and demanding the next President as a sacrifice.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Because I'm in a different time zone I'm going to be watching it after work on Tuesday. Because while I theoretically could watch it live, the list of things I'd rather be doing in the early hours of the morning than watching a Presidential debate currently sits at "everything in the entire universe, except maybe tennis."

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
It would take something world shattering* to change my vote at this point.

*Like reptilian overlords taking over and demanding the next President as a sacrifice.

*turns satellite dish toward nearest Goldilock planet inhabited by belligerent reptiles*
*sends message in Morse code: H-L-E-P*

DAMMIT!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I think Trump's going to fail hard, and he knows it.

His whole, "it's rigged, blah blah blah" schtick? The more I hear him say that, the more I think of performances where someone knows going in that they suck, so they make excuses right up front. "I'm going to sing this song, but my throat is kind of sore...and I didn't get much sleep last night...and I didn't have as much time to practice as I wanted... and the acoustics in this room aren't the greatest...etc." He's prepping the audience for his inevitable failure.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Lester will treat Trump unfairly by asking only questions provided by Hillary's team. Trump will then have to reconsider whether or not to do the future debates.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
I think one of two things will happen -
1) someone will forcibly medicate trump into appearing reasonable, and omitting steps 1-42 for brevity, society as we know it ends
2) Clinton will be focused, presidential, and show why she's the most qualified person in the country for the job. Trump will stop short of calling Clinton a cunt for it, and the media will declare the debate a draw.

I'll be watching, but with a bottle of antacid, I imagine. It's entirely possibly I'm out of faith in this country.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Will hand size come up, do you think? My bet is on yes.

Seriously, alcohol is the only way through this debate. I'm working up a drinking game now.