JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
I expect so. I never have plans :tongue
So, uh, as it turns out, while I never have plans, sometimes things do come up. I'm not going to be able to make it. Thankfully not due to sad circumstances like Bacchus, but unavoidable all the same.

Next time!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
So if we're meeting about noon, what time are you guys expecting to head home? I'm just booking trains (finally) and I'm thinking probably about half four.

My train home is booked for 5.30 but I should be able to occupy myself in New Street Station for an hour, e.g. having something for dinner before getting the train home.

My previous suggestion still stands. If we can get on wifi, we should have a Skype connection via my netbook if anyone wants to say hello that way. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll PM or rep you the Skype address. My train is due in at 12.08 so I should be at the pub soon after that.

Last edited:

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I was so confused for a moment there wondering why you'd need my Skype name when I'll be in the pub. Then I realised you're talking to everyone else. It's been a long week.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As someone who's organized a handful of AW meetups on the other side of the Atlantic, can I tell you all how excited I am on your behalf? (Behalves? Is that even a word?) I've found that nearly everyone was as I expected and each gathering was quite a pleasant, intelligent group. I bet it's the same for you.

Can I make a suggestion? Pass the hat for a group-meet-up contribution to AW, people giving only what they can afford. One person with PayPal can send it on behalf of all. If people know you're doing that, maybe they'll bring a little something extra.

Oh, and I'm on the record as having requested pictures, ideally with user names to go with faces. (If you're not sure how to size them to AW's standards or how to post them, speak up. I can help.)

Maryn, who'd love to join you lovely people

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
We had a great time, although it was a very select crowd being me, Eyeblink and Mirandashell. Many thanks to our generous benefactor for drinks (I'm not sure you want to be named...) The pub was rammed thanks to the German Christmas market going on in the city centre.

I've got some pictures but I'll have to find somewhere to put them online so I have a URL and can link them!

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have permission to post attachments so I can't post images - unless I'm misunderstanding something...

I don't actually have an account with an image sharing site like Flickr so I'm not quite sure how to get round this.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I don't actually have an account with an image sharing site like Flickr so I'm not quite sure how to get round this.

The only way to post images on AW is by loading them on an image hosting site such as Flickr or your own website and linking to them. (Image posting FAQ)

If you have the images on Facebook and have set them for public view, you could post your external links here for folks to follow back to view on Facebook.

But for posting the actual images, you'd have to have them loaded to an image hosting site such as Flickr or Photobucket or the like.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
We had a great time, although it was a very select crowd being me, Eyeblink and Mirandashell. Many thanks to our generous benefactor for drinks (I'm not sure you want to be named...) The pub was rammed thanks to the German Christmas market going on in the city centre.

Seconded - great to meet you both again.

The Skype idea didn't work - no wifi in the pub and no hotspot nearby I could connect to. There would have been a lot of background noise if Skype had worked!

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
But for posting the actual images, you'd have to have them loaded to an image hosting site such as Flickr or Photobucket or the like.

Damn. I've been totally spoiled for other internet forums by Ravelry.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay in posting these, but here are two pictures taken on the day on Maythe's phone.

L-R: Maythe and the back of Mirandashell's head:

awmeetpic_zpsd2cm2g3n.jpg

eyeblink:

awmeetpic2_zpsbs2r4k0e.jpg

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have permission to post attachments so I can't post images - unless I'm misunderstanding something...

For something like this, you can PM me and I'll help.