Is this black face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Seems like your assuming British definitions of white and the general European definition of white is the same thing or that everyone in Europe feels the same about whether Romany are white or not. Which is strange since Jews weren't considered white until relatively recently in modern history regardless of how they saw themselves at the time.

This is quite true; moreover, there are, and have been for over a thousand years, Jews in Ethiopia, who were initially the target of racism in Israel because they are not "white", as well as Jews in China, known as Kaifeng Jews.

Moreover I can personally attest that someone with my surname will need to brace for anti-Semitism in the UK.

A casual perusal of recent British publications will absolutely support my assertion that there's British pejorative slang for every conceivable race and ethnicity and religion, which suggests that there's more in common with human misbehavior than cultural empiricists might want to believe.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
A casual perusal of recent British publications will absolutely support my assertion that there's British pejorative slang for every conceivable race and ethnicity and religion, which suggests that there's more in common with human misbehavior than cultural empiricists might want to believe.

Heck, according to some people, Obama's election meant racism was over in the US.

I'm looking forward to sexism being over if Hillary gets elected. :sarcasm

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to remain hopeful, but it seems to be getting worse to me.

Not better. Just more hateful.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I'm trying to remain hopeful, but it seems to be getting worse to me.

Not better. Just more hateful.
Because the status quo is begrudging as f*ck. The louder the fight for equal rights, the louder the countering "Waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!1!one1!". The hate increases because its object is increasing its visibility. Everyone was aware of the existence of marginalized people previously, but felt less bothered because these groups were suffering more quietly and not trying to destroy America thrive.
It's like me back in preschool. I got a piece of cake and was happy. Then another kid got a piece of cake. So why am I not getting another? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.