*waves*

pbates

Witchy Woman
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone :) Newbie here, like many of you. I just wanted to introduce myself, as that seems to be the best place to start.

I must say, this place is rather overwhelming, but in a good way! It seems like a wonderful, active community, and a great place for writers of all kinds to get together and chat.

I'm a self-published author of a wheelchair travel guidebook for Paris, but my real passion is fiction. I'm a big fan of historical fiction, sci-fi, and fantasy, and I'm currently working on a project that encompasses at least two of the three.

Looking forward to meeting you all and getting involved in some of the groups and discussions. I love reading (derp, obviously), and I'm always happy to check out other writers' work to offer feedback or just be that second set of eyes.

cheers!
xx
Paula

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Jack McManus

smoothopr8r
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, Paula! You'll find plenty of like-minded folks here, as SF/FF seems to predominate. There's a heaping helping of Historical Fic writers also.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Paula. I note your guidebook is from the prospective of a wheelchair. I once spent a long six months in a wheelchair before graduating to walking crutches.

One of my main characters in the book pictured below is wheelchair-bound. The other is deaf, as I am. Both certainly offer different points of view. :greenie

pbates

Witchy Woman
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Chase! I'm actually not a wheelchair user, but worked extensively with a company that provided paid travel planning services for wheelchair users, and then decided to write a guidebook as a much more affordable option (it's nuts that it's so difficult to find reliable information for accessible travel to Europe).

But through working with and interviewing many wheelchair users and then doing the research to complete the guidebook, I learned so much about things that I formerly took for granted.

By the way, I just checked out your book on Amazon, and I'm intrigued!