NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Ravens fired their OC, and rightfully so. His play calling was awful. That's twice in four years a Ravens' OC got axed after playing the Redskins. Also that makes two teams that have fired their OCs in the first half of this season, which is a lot higher than normal.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
As a more general comment for this thread:

Why has the NFL, overall, been soooooo boring and ugly this first half-season? I've seen many of the worst pro football team performances I ever have so far this year. Monday night's Bears 20 Vikings 10 was a prime example.

caw

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed the same trend - SNF, MNF and TH Night football have almost all been snoozers - I think there was one good one. I didn't even watch last Thursday game, and when you play fantasy football with 3 different teams, that's saying something! LOL

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
So, the Steelers have either the Dolphins or the Chiefs in their first playoff game. For it to be the Chiefs, KC has to lose to San Diego and Miami has to upset New England. I'll admit it--I live in fear of the Patriots. I would never bet against Brady and company. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats and the Boys in the big game.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Antonio, Antonio, what have you done? Managed to give the Patriots the high-road, that's what you've done.

I promise, if the Steelers should lose, to not use this as an excuse. The Pats will and should be heavily favored.

Last week, I knew Bell would have to have a great game. This week, Ben will have to have a great game.

Long shot, but we'll see...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
They're good though. Crazy good. Have to admit that I'm glad Suburban Pittsburgh boy, Gronkowski won't be playing.

Can't stand that guy, in a, he's nearly unstoppable kind of way.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
So the Super Bowl stage has been set for the Patriots versus the Falcons. The former has only been there like a dozen times - that's a new story (not). And the latter (sorrry ATL folks) is just hard to get excited about - come on Matt Ryan, put some emotion on your face.

Youtube publishes the commercials in advance, right? I may just sit this years SB out on the sidelines. The whole year has been kind of a yawner for me...I think 4 days a week of over market saturation and such a lions share of lopsided wins (or losses) has bored me out of caring any more.

Anyone else had enough of the NFL by now?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had enough.

Neither championship game was competitive. The Steelers were outclassed, plain and simple. I didn't enjoy losing Bell, but truthfully, that was not the deciding factor. He hadn't done that much before he got hurt. Like most games, that game was won and lost on the line. In their regular season meeting, The Pats held him to something around 70 yds. Definitely, yeah, I've had enough. Oh, but there's one more game, right?

After that, for sure, I will have had enough.

And then will begin the long wait through basketball and baseball season, through the bulk of the hot summer, until the first preseason is played; and oh, how I will rejoice. I agree there's a bit of saturation, but it's the only sport I still watch. I hardly even watch college, mostly just NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.