Mass Effect: Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those freakish mutants who really really REALLY loved the gun mechanics in Mass Effect 1. It was satisfying and had a cool science fiction concept behind it (guns with practically infinite ammo.)

Then rather than smoothing that concept out, Bioware just replaced it with regular ammo.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I really wish they'd remaster the trilogy with updated mechanics for ME1 and ME2, but EA has already said they have no plans for that. :(

I have a difficult time believing EA would stick to idealism for all time when a PS4/Xbox One remaster of the trilogy would be relatively easy to do. Or maybe they'll save it for the PS5 and Xbox Whatever, it would still sell well. I have nothing to back this up, of course, just a suspicion that if EA likes money, an ME trilogy remaster would be an easy, safe way to make more.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, it's not a huge surprise considering how Andromeda performed. It'll be interesting to see what this means for their new IP, and for Dragon Age.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like it's game over for Mass Effect anything now.

Anyone who wants you to think Mass Effect is dead is just fearmongering. (Edit: Casey Hudson himself has stated such.)

They're focusing on their new IP and the next Dragon Age, and then they'll come out with the Andromeda sequel.

Well, to be fair, it's not a huge surprise considering how Andromeda performed.

You mean, being a significant contributor to EA's Q1 digital sales and being the third-best-selling game of the year in March, ten days after release?

But I guess all that matters is that the vocal minority of the internet wanted to declare it the worst thing ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.