Elf Problems in the News

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Reykjavik (AFP) - Iceland has been forced to bow to pressure from elves and uncover a supposedly enchanted elfin rock after highway workers accidentally buried it -- infuriating the mythical creatures, reports said Tuesday.

The angry elves were suspected of causing a series of mishaps after the rock was covered over when workers cleared away the debris from a landslide, the Morgunbladid daily reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iceland-unearths-rock-appease-angry-elves-195326271.html

I'm not sure whether to be delighted that magic still abounds in the world or horrified that superstition is directing governmental construction projects. Somewhere in between, perhaps?

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
We managed to deal with our fairy problems in the 1960s. Come on, Iceland, this is not the 1950s!

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Pffft, that's nothing. Why, back in my day we had a President that consulted an astrologer.

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is. Enchanted rocks, fairy rings, the underside of bridges, and wizened old tree stumps are important habitat for our endangered magical humanoids. All major projects should be prepared with an Environmental Impact Statement that includes a suitable troll habitat loss mitigation strategy.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Pele. Never mess with her volcanic rocks. We heard so many stories when we were in Hawai'i. We still hear stories of prople deliberately or accidentally removing even a small piece of her volcanoes: the misfortune! When the rocks are returned, the trouble stops.