How Colin Kaepernick Turned My Life Around:

Mario Lloyde is one of the many people who can say Colin Kaepernick had a direct impact on his life.

Kaepernick has donated nearly $1 million to various charities since the former 49ers quarterback first sat down and then kneeled during the national anthem last season to protest police brutality and racial inequality issues. While his protest became a movement and then a hijacked flashpoint, Kaepernick became an ex-NFL player and has mostly stayed out of the public eye.

Sports Illustrated detailed the real-life impact of Kaepernick’s donations in a feature that was published one day after he was honored with SI’s Muhammad Ali Legacy Award. After struggling to hold various odd jobs, Lloyde was the recipient of a men’s suit through 100 Suits for 100 Men, one of the more than 30 charities Kaepernick has helped.

Lloyde dreamed of getting into real estate, but the 26-year-old from Baltimore hadn’t landed anything more than temporary jobs recently.

“I was trying to get into real estate,” he told Sports Illustrated, “but I had to dress the part.”

Lloyde wore the suit to an interview with Vision Realty Management. He got the job, and is working for the company as a clerk while training to become a licensed real estate broker. He has nine additional suits now, but still has the one from 100 Suits for 100 Men.

“When I put on [the suit],” he says, “I feel like I’m representing on behalf of Colin Kaepernick.”

The suit Lloyde owns is one of dozens that Kaepernick donated to the organization. It is, in fact, the suit that Kaepernick held up for a quick photo the day he donated them. The photo landed on the company’s Instagram page, and quickly went viral.

------

When Kaepernick showed up to accept the SI Muhammad Ali Legacy Award, it was presented to him by a surprise celebrity, Beyonce. Change the game. Change the world.

And shake them haters off. Especially the clueless-ass Beckys.