• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Insatiable Press

LauraJay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm thinking about submitting a short story to an open submission call for an Insatiable Press anthology. They appear to specialize mostly in erotica and romance audiobooks. They have no entry on Preditors & Editors, so I was wondering if anyone here has ever had any dealings with them, positive or negative? (They sell some work by Maya Banks, which makes me feel they're probably legit, but I don't like that their website includes little to no info on payment and rights.) Here's their submission page.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
While I couldn't find anything on the rights, it says this about payment:

All accepted writers will receive full credit with short author bio included in the work, a complimentary copy of the ebook, and a payment of $25.

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
I sold a story to them that came out in an anthology earlier this year. Payment was prompt (well within the contracted 90 days), the editor was cordial and kept authors informed, and I was able to download a copy of the audiobook at no cost to me. I believe they asked for exclusive rights for up to one year, and then non-exclusive rights for the life of the copyright, which the author retains. I haven't seen a ton of marketing for the anth and there's only one review on Amazon, but overall, I'm pleased with how things went.

LauraJay

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience, StoryofWoe! That allays my fears. I'll go ahead and submit!

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
I sold a story to them that came out in an anthology earlier this year. Payment was prompt (well within the contracted 90 days), the editor was cordial and kept authors informed, and I was able to download a copy of the audiobook at no cost to me. I believe they asked for exclusive rights for up to one year, and then non-exclusive rights for the life of the copyright, which the author retains. I haven't seen a ton of marketing for the anth and there's only one review on Amazon, but overall, I'm pleased with how things went.

Did the contract specify that the rights ask was only for audio rights?

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
It specified print, digital, and audio, plus subsidiary rights including translation into languages other than English, and a few other media formats.

There are no ebooks for sale on the publisher's website, only audio books. I can only find seven ebooks on Amazon by Insatiable Press, with five of those titles by the same two authors (either as solo-written or co-written). On All Romance eBooks, there are six books by this press, all of which are written by either or both of those same two co-writers. Publication dates for these books range from May 2013 to June 2016.

Where are they exploiting these print and digital rights?

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
There are no ebooks for sale on the publisher's website, only audio books. I can only find seven ebooks on Amazon by Insatiable Press, with five of those titles by the same two authors (either as solo-written or co-written). On All Romance eBooks, there are six books by this press, all of which are written by either or both of those same two co-writers. Publication dates for these books range from May 2013 to June 2016.

Where are they exploiting these print and digital rights?
The anthology my story is featured in is available for Kindle on Amazon. Beyond that, I can't speak to their catalog. I get the impression that these anthologies are a new venture. They are primarily an audiobook publisher.

Last edited: