How To Get Away With Murder

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this show on Netflix? I'm LOVING it. I'm only a couple of episodes in but the acting and writing are both quite wonderful.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My wife and daughter watch it, but I take a pass. I'm glad Shondra Rhimes is looking out for Viola Davis, but I think the show is squandering her immense talents as an actress.

But a sista's gotta work. :Shrug:

Arcturus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds to this comes back on.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and daughter watch it, but I take a pass. I'm glad Shondra Rhimes is looking out for Viola Davis, but I think the show is squandering her immense talents as an actress.

But a sista's gotta work. :Shrug:

I have not yet finished season one (and I'm disappointed to hear season two isn't as good, though I will still watch it and decide for myself), but I just had to say that Viola Davis's acting has been PHENOMENAL. This show has given her a role that shows off her acting in every way possible. She plays a character who is both strong and weak, sexy and ordinary, dirty and just, and crazy yet completely vulnerable. I think the writing is fantastic and each and every character has been well developed so they don't feel like a bunch of carbon copies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, the scenes with her mother. POWERFUL, POWERFUL stuff. Blown away by the acting in this episode.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! My husband and I finally watched this show, and it is unbelievable! I knew Viola Davis was incredible, but this role showcases her so well. We just finished season 3 last night. I can't wait until the next season comes to Netflix!

GregFH

Registered
Reaction score
This coming season (#4) premieres on ABC on September 28. The plots have gotten a bit convoluted, but the acting is still just as good. And the suspense remains the driver.

Felix

Registered
Reaction score
The scenes at the very beginning of season one were filmed about half a mile from my office. I've been hooked since the big bonfire. Viola Davis is a goddess. The acting on this show has been great. All I have to say about the next season (no spoilers!) is that I have faith in Shonda. I am SO excited for the start of the new season.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I agree the story is harder to follow now. I have an easier time with Twin Peaks and LOST than I do with all of this. But I love the acting. There have been so many great, emotional scenes, particularly for a show that seems, on the surface, to be a bunch of morally ambiguous characters killing people and covering it up. It's turned out to be so much more than that.

It has inspired me to study law. I am taking an online course, Introduction to American Law, just because I want to know more.

GregFH

Registered
Reaction score
I agree the story is harder to follow now. I have an easier time with Twin Peaks and LOST than I do with all of this. But I love the acting. There have been so many great, emotional scenes, particularly for a show that seems, on the surface, to be a bunch of morally ambiguous characters killing people and covering it up. It's turned out to be so much more than that.

It has inspired me to study law. I am taking an online course, Introduction to American Law, just because I want to know more.

It's a great show. It plays very fast and loose, however, with the law.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
But the reveal of Wes' murderer seemed random.

I just finished Season 3. It did seem a bit random, but I'm thinking we're going to learn a lot more about Laurel's family next season. I don't know what their deal is, but Laurel has said that her father was not a good man, which was why none of this really rattled her. I don't know what her father does, but for some reason, he forced her to retract her statement about being kidnapped.

One thing I'm wondering is...was Mrs. Mahoney telling the truth when she said that Wes was Charles's son? And if she was...how the hell old is Charles? He doesn't look like he could be more than 10 years older than Wes!

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
I just finished Season 3. It did seem a bit random, but I'm thinking we're going to learn a lot more about Laurel's family next season. I don't know what their deal is, but Laurel has said that her father was not a good man, which was why none of this really rattled her. I don't know what her father does, but for some reason, he forced her to retract her statement about being kidnapped.

One thing I'm wondering is...was Mrs. Mahoney telling the truth when she said that Wes was Charles's son? And if she was...how the hell old is Charles? He doesn't look like he could be more than 10 years older than Wes!

See why I don't know what the hell going on anymore?