Greetings!

LACarrington

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lannecarrington.com
Hello, fellow writers!

I opened an account back in 2014, but completely forgotten about the place until some friends from another site signed up here (and approved! :D ).

A little about me:

I'm an author and freelance writer from Western Pennsylvania. My first book, The Cruiserweight, was published in 2010 by a now-defunct small press based in London. I've also written a couple of non-fiction books, but my main focus is sports fiction. My last book was the hockey-based novel Power Play, which was released by my current independent publisher, Palm Tree Books, and became my first #1 best seller in the sports fiction/hockey genres, staying there for little over a month.

On Ice: Power Play Book 2 is my second book in the Power Play series and due for release in October, likely around opening of the NHL's 2016-17 season. I'm already working on a third book in this series, The O'Freels.

I'm not married (nor ever have been), but currently dating. I live with an affectionate and nosy domestic shorhair cat named Popeye. My interests in addition to writing include theater, art, American football, hockey, ballet, all things cat related, bargain hunting, coupon cutting reading, and working out.

I look forward to interacting with everyone here and getting new ideas. This looks like a fun yet helpful site!

Sagml John

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
johnbeaverspen.wordpress.com
Welcome to AW. I think a lot of us could learn from you too. I'm going to be in the wading pool for a long time as far as the business end of this goes but there's a world of help in every aspect here and I'm treating it like a free university.

:welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, LA. I saw the opening of your hockey story, On Ice: Power Play Book 2, in the first three sentences game. Good stuff.

My first novel features the much lesser-known sport of action steel shooting. :guns:Not much of a niche, but I'm busy writing the sequel.

I'm a American football fan, too. We back Seattle (Go, 'Hawks) but have interest in the Eagles and their (for the present) head coach who was a grand success for the local U of O Ducks.

My clueless brothers like the 'Niners and the Broncos. What chumps, but I appreciate the money the losers send me.

Glad you found your way back.