AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Invisible College Press, LLC

Learning to read more, post less Alien Enigma's Avatar

Invisible College Press, LLC

Anyone know anything about them?

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX mdin's Avatar
    I don't know anything about how they treat authors, but I suspect--based on your screen name--you guys might be a good fit.

http://www.invispress.com/

My Art

Cool

Yes, The Invisible College Press is actively looking for new authors!
    Please read the following before you send us your work:

First, understand that ICP is a niche publisher. We are only interested in novels about conspiracies, UFOs, alien abduction, atlantis, secret societies, the paranormal, etc. Please don't send us stories that don't fit our mold. If you got a romance, western, sci-fi, or mystery, we're probably not interested. That being said, we're open to all sorts of things, so if you can make a good case as to how your books fits, we're willing to listen. ICP is only interested in publishing literary-quality conspiracy novels. We are not looking to publish poorly-written pulp just because it has something to do with the Knights Templar. We are interested in novels that are so well written that even people with no interest in UFOs or conspiracies will enjoy them. Before you send your work to us, try it out on some people you know who are 'mainstream'. If they like it, then send it to us immediately.

Well, they're certainly a niche publisher and you can find them by google to get the rest of their information.

Tri

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    We are interested in novels that are so well written that even people with no interest in UFOs or conspiracies will enjoy them. Before you send your work to us, try it out on some people you know who are 'mainstream'. If they like it, then send it to us immediately.
    Of course, if you have one of those you'd probably be better served by going to a major, mainstream house. This wouldn't be my first choice of the first place to submit any novel.

ICP strikes me as very niche publisher. Nothing wrong with that, if you've written a very niche book.

One paragraph from ICP's submissions page fills me with trepidation:

Our editors are only interested in complete, edited works. Don't send us story ideas, or half-finished novels, we're not ghost writers or book doctors. Also, make sure that your novel is fully edited and spell-checked. Our editors are helpful, but overworked, and the less editing they have to do on your book, the more attractive it will seem.
    While I'd hate to see these guys' slush pile, still, they could make it clear that they expect the author to do the editing rather than hiring some third-party. A better word than "edited" might have been "revised."

For Alien, here's some practical advice: get and read several of their novels. Could you actually obtain them? Do you like them? Are they in fact well-written and well-produced? You should be able to tell from that whether submitting your book to these guys is a good idea.

Learning to read more, post less Alien Enigma's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone who posted.

Jeff

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Hmmm. The "just released" books on their site are all from 2006 and earlier, yet Amazon does have one book published by them in '09. Check back in another year, I guess.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Still plugging along, and site's more up-to-date.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

No activity since '12.

ETA: Put out one book in '14.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 04-14-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------