Status
Not open for further replies.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I'm a published YA author and long time Christian, playing with the idea of eventually writing some Christian fiction but it's not something I read, hardly ever. I believe I've only ever read 2 Christian novels in my life (The Shack and Refiners Fire by Sylvia Bambola (one of my favorite books)) so I'm looking for suggestions for market research. Not just books you like, but books someone writing in this market should know (bestsellers, big impact books etc). Some older works are okay, but newer books would be more helpful. Thanks!

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
Like the secular market, the Christian market is one broad category with a zillion sub-categories. There's Christian Romance (Rachel Hauck, Becky Wade, Tracie Peterson), Christian Suspense (Terri Blackstock, Ted Dekker), Christian - Amish (Wanda Brunstetter, Beverly Lewis), Christian YA - (Robin Jones Gunn, Melody Carlson) etc etc etc ... So before you start market research, I'd get more specific with which segment of the market you need info on.

Those authors were off the top of my head, so there are certainly others that are what you're looking for. Thank goodness we have Google --- I'm also doing market research and platform blah blah blah... I can't fathom trying to figure this stuff out without the internet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.