Netflix's "Stranger Things"

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the trailers for the new season? They've been circling the internet for a couple of weeks. What'd you think?

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
It will be difficult to eclipse the first season but there's enough going on to have me hope for the best.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
STRANGER THINGS season 2 done & scheduled

Just saw a video Netflix put out with the creators and cast of Stranger Things. I was excited to hear that season 2 has been completed and that the 9 episodes are scheduled for Halloween, October 31[SUP]st[/SUP]. Here's the link to the YouTube copy of the 45 minute vid. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nhy6dKzF4

It was fascinating to put faces to the two brothers who wrote, produced, and directed season 1 and 2. So young! And so clearly fans of SF and fantasy.

The five kid actors at the core of the movie were also amazing. One minute seasoned professionals and the next instant kids again. Then back to being pros. I'm trying to remember where I was at their age, and if there was even a hint of an ambition to grow toward some goal, some activity I wanted to spend my life on.

What about you? What was your reaction to season 1? What were you like when you were as young as the actors are? Did you have any connection to SF/F?

Last edited:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
season 2 is done and ready to be shown and we gotta wait 4 months????????????? can't....go...on....need....it....now....LOL

season 1 was just...phenomenal. every episode was just so satisfying but left me hungry for more.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect by "done", they mean filming has wrapped? Bet there's a ton of post-production stuff left to do?

I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I was so happy to see this thread pop up. I've been wondering when they were going to have the second season. I loved it. Watched it in 3 days! haha It was awesome. So many things I liked about it. I'm eager to see the next one.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first one last summer, alone, in my farmhouse in the woods. At night. It was not a smart move.

I'll probably do it again with the second season, anyway. XD

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Dragon's Lair...I SUCKED at that game! LOL

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
It was a pretty hard game. I always watched other people play it in the arcade, because it looked so cool and was fun to watch. Nobody could get that far.

Wesley_S_Lewis

Boo Radley with a laptop
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.WesleySLewis.com
It was a pretty hard game. I always watched other people play it in the arcade, because it looked so cool and was fun to watch. Nobody could get that far.

If I recall correctly, the game was just a laser disc player hooked up to a monitor and a control unit. When it was time to execute a certain action, the controls became briefly active, and using the correct control triggered the survival scene, while using the incorrect control or failing to use any control triggered the death scene.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the game was just a laser disc player hooked up to a monitor and a control unit.

That's right, and why it looked so fantastic compared to the competition of the day.

FWIW, you can buy the game for your phone these days. The storage needed for all those frames of animation doesn't amount to much, compared to what your phone can hold.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score

My one shining moment as an elementary school kid in the Canadian mid-west was having a crowd of people at a big arcade in the shopping mall, screaming and hollering encouragement because I was able to finish the game. When Dragon's Lair came out, some places actually dropped a second monitor on top of the cabinet so that the crowd could see. It was always the same thing; people paid little attention to someone starting a game, but if they lasted more than a couple of minutes, they stuck around. If they lasted over five, people got really excited, and if you made it all the way to the dragon's lair at the end of the game, there was normally a huge crowd around you by that point, because word had gotten around the arcade that someone knew what they were doing.

That was probably the first time in my young nerd life that my nerd life choice felt completely justified. Seeing it pop up in that Stranger Things trailer was like pushing me into the deep end of the nostalgia pool with no warning.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
My one shining moment as an elementary school kid in the Canadian mid-west was having a crowd of people at a big arcade in the shopping mall, screaming and hollering encouragement because I was able to finish the game. When Dragon's Lair came out, some places actually dropped a second monitor on top of the cabinet so that the crowd could see. It was always the same thing; people paid little attention to someone starting a game, but if they lasted more than a couple of minutes, they stuck around. If they lasted over five, people got really excited, and if you made it all the way to the dragon's lair at the end of the game, there was normally a huge crowd around you by that point, because word had gotten around the arcade that someone knew what they were doing.

That was probably the first time in my young nerd life that my nerd life choice felt completely justified. Seeing it pop up in that Stranger Things trailer was like pushing me into the deep end of the nostalgia pool with no warning.

we need places like this to come back. not like chuck e cheese or dave and busters...but a classic arcade game only place....

ah hell...let's make one! who's with me?!

Articulate Lady

Seductive Artist of Words and Ideas
Registered
Reaction score
Juat read through this thread and I was floored! Some amazing Stranger Things fans we have here! I binged watched the 8 hours in one day, back to back, cause I am well, NUTS, to put it lightly, haha. But I enjoyed all the actors even Winona Ryder. I LOVED Girl Interrupted in which she portrayed Susana Kaysen. I think that was her best work ever, and since I have a soft spot for her because of that, I let her bad acting slide.

It started slow for me at first, some of it was a laid on a little thick and you just had the sense of "wanting to get on with it" during the first three episodes, but then things sure did kick up on notch! I enjoyed the kids the most though. Very Goonies and it paid homage to many sci-fi movies I grew up with.

But the new trailer, wow! Ghostbusters, Thriller, and OMG Dragon's Lair??!!! HOLY FLASHBACK BATMAN!!!

Can't wait for Season 2. Kudos for Netflix for making this happen.