Wonder Woman (2017)

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm.... it does seem to be all action, doesn't it? Hopefully there is some plot in there somewhere. Chris Pine is a bit of a bonus though.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WW will be solid. Not even Zach Snyder could mess her up and now she has a better director. And damn I love Junkie XL's WW music. Looks good. Thanks for sharing the trailer.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I just hope it's as good as Green Lantern. Or Dawn of Justice.

The DoJ Extended Edition is better, in its defense. They've course corrected the DCCU by all counts and this and suicide squad were always going to be awesome.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps to diminish comparisons with Capt America: First Avenger?

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
WW will be solid. Not even Zach Snyder could mess her up and now she has a better director. And damn I love Junkie XL's WW music. Looks good. Thanks for sharing the trailer.

Oh, I wish I had your awesome confidence, Diana. :D

However, I'm still so glad there's finally going to be a Wonder Woman after all of these years and after those news of cancellations/nonstarters! :heart: :heart: :heart:

ETA: The trailer looks good! Here's to hoping. *crosses fingers* Please don't screw this up, please, please.

Last edited:

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
The only thing in the trailor that I thought missed a bit was the shield. As a minor point it's too Captain Americaesque.

But they basically had WW hunkering down behind a shield under machine gun fire. The scene would be much more impressive if she were standing up and playing Bullets and Bracelets while advancing relentlessly toward the people firing.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm.... even as a kid I found that silly. Machine gun fire comes at you way too rapidly to even move your arms in time to stop it. Unless the gunmen are actually aiming at your wrists..... nah.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought the manacles drew the bullets to them, like it was part of the magic.

Does the trailer have the invisible jet?

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm.... even as a kid I found that silly. Machine gun fire comes at you way too rapidly to even move your arms in time to stop it. Unless the gunmen are actually aiming at your wrists..... nah.

If I remembered correctly, Wonder Woman was sometimes made to be somewhat super-fast like Superman/Super Girl, so maybe that's why I can buy this kind of stuff. (I'm not sure if she is that fast in this particular version of her.)

I would assume the guns are aimed at the chest or abdomen area (where it can do most damage)? Do machine guns do a spray like shotguns?

Anyway...It's all silly superhero stuff if you think about it, of course. (This is why Marvel is awesome for me, even though I'm more of a DC hero fan: It knows this and actually has fun with it.)

This is DC Universe, with the super-speedy Flash, who can also stop bullets.

We also got Harley Quinn who can somehow survive a deadly Gotham city with just a hammer and/or a baseball bat, lol. It would be sooo easy to just shoot her non-super-powered butt. How is she not dead yet? <--Is something I keep asking myself, lol.

And stuff like that. XD

ETA: Ooh, Cyia, good idea! I never thought of that possibility.

Well, some superheroes seem to somehow survive various deadly situations, with or without superpowers.

I still miss Wonder Woman using her bracelets. That was part of her appeal for me. At least she seems to have the lasso. Least that's something.

I'm not fond of her outfit as much. I miss the bright colors and it's not that shiny or pretty. This new outfit will take me time to get used to.

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought the manacles drew the bullets to them, like it was part of the magic.

Does the trailer have the invisible jet?

They're not doing the invisible jet in this, sadly.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
The invisible jet! Oh, I didn't realize that, either, lol. XD

I sometimes forget she's the person with the invisible jet. I'm aware she had a jet in some versions, but I tend to be used to the versions of her being able to just fly on her own (like Superman/Super Girl/etc).

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
No jet because it's WWI.

Supposedly the bullet blocking with bracelets was a thing only women could do because of finer reflexes and Diana was the best at it among the Amazons. The TV show did have one instance that I have seen that had WW vs a machine gun, but after that they seemed to let it drop and kept it to revolvers and such.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
It's a good thing it's not WII because if it was, then it would have felt even more Deja vu for me.

Especially after a certain superhero movie series that happens to be very successful. *ahem*

(I know WW has a shield, and I even have figurines of her with a shield, but I'm still getting Captain America vibes like Richard mentioned before.)

I'm just hoping that this movie will be as good as said superhero movies...

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Gah...I want to like this and have always wanted a wonder woman flick, but...I don't like Gal Gadot. Her politics are so problematic to me. Same for Johanssen, unfortunately.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WW will be solid. Not even Zach Snyder could mess her up and now she has a better director.

Which is why I'm hopeful Patty Jenkins as Wonder Woman's director can escape the Curse of Snyder that left me unimpressed by the Justice (Hey! We can be funny too!) League trailer.

Zack Snyder is the Michael Bay of comic book directors. There. I said it.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Shhh.... you weren't supposed to notice that. They probably borrowed them from the Capt America set.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
It looks good. I wonder why they moved the time frame to WWI instead of the canonical WWII.

My guess would be some combination of so they can deal with matters of women's suffrage and rights and so as not to be so much compared to Captain America.

JinxKing

Writerly Prince
Registered
Reaction score
I SEE PRETTY DRESSES AND PRETTY SWORDS O.O

Hmmm. I like Gal Gadot and this seems like it will at least have some solid action scenes, but the fact that they felt the need to include a romantic subplot is already making me gag. I can already tell that's gonna be painful to watch. (Am I the only one who realy doesn't like Chris Pine?) Hopefully there's more plot than there seems to be here and they're just trying to save the good stuff for later, but who knows since it seems like the Suicide Squad trailers have spoiled over half the movie at this point...I'm still optimistic though!