• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dark Hall Press

Ozziezumi

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see a thread about this press or the parent company, so I thought I'd start one. Anyone have any experience with this publisher? Looks like they have about a dozen titles. I don't like the look of the covers, most seem pretty amateurish. Otherwise, the information on the website is pretty minimal. Thanks for any info!
Link: http://darkhallpress.com/

Lord_Champion

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment - their covers don't inspire much confidence.

They have a Facebook page with a little over 2k likes. They also have a Twitter account that is following more people than the number of followers it has. Their books don't have many reviews at all - less than five, some with just 1 review.

On their submission page...they demand exclusivity in submissions. That's preposterous considering they're a small house. And not only that, they also don't guarantee a response due to the volume of submissions they receive. I find that hard to believe - that they receive a whole lot of submissions.

They only have one editor listed... who's page doesn't show any previous publishing experience, but merely that he's college educated. He does have a few publications of his own though.

Personally...I would pass.

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score