Question for the ladies here.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I think all the variation in the anecdotes goes to show that, predictably, woman vary widely in this particularly specific scenario - and I'm not sure it has anything at all to do with being female. So, good news, you can write your pee scene any way you like and no one will doubt its timeline.
^

This.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Can I assume you're puppy potty-pad trained?

How long can a chihuahua hold it anyway?

Chihuahuas can hold it as long as they want. Unless you piss them off. Or, you know, unless they have to pee or something.

Los Pollos Hermanos

Craving the next chocolate hit...
Registered
Reaction score
There's the teacher's bladder phenomenon. Gallons of tea (no joke, my mug holds a UK pint of the stuff) and rare opportunities to visit the little girls' room means my humungous bladder's walls are stronger than cast iron. The kids are gobsmacked at how much tea I drink and that I'm not running to the loo every five minutes. One of the ICT teachers told me her top set year 9s (8th grade equivalent), most of whom are in my top set year 9 science class, were recently discussing it during one of her lessons!

snafu1056

Registered
Reaction score
If its a pregnant woman the answer is before, during, and immediately after the cup of coffee.

What I'd like to know is how do lady spleens work, and are they as soft and nice-smelling as I assume?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I think all the variation in the anecdotes goes to show that, predictably, woman vary widely in this particularly specific scenario - and I'm not sure it has anything at all to do with being female. So, good news, you can write your pee scene any way you like and no one will doubt its timeline.

Agree with Perks here. Write it the way it needs to be written, and if she's the kind of person who assumes that all women are the same as her (which they won't be), have her make that assumption.

I seriously doubt that a scene disclosing coffee to pee time is a deal breaker for your readers, even if it doesn't mesh with their personal experience.

As an aside, I dated a guy in college for a short time who had the proverbial teacup bladder that women are supposed to all have (but don't). Whenever we drank together, he'd literally be going to the bathroom every ten minutes.

SinoFyl

Registered
Reaction score
If it helps, my grandmother told me quite sternly A lady can always wait.

(Mind you, she also cautioned me against running in case all my lady-pieces fell out.)

Love this!