Crime Writers, call for submission for anthology 2017

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
Just saw mention of "Level Best Books" call this morning, on Janet Reid's blog. Now, I know nothing about Publishers of Adult fiction let alone Crime but I've got all sorts of respect for Ms Reid so figured if she is blogging about them and their anthology, it must be a decent opportunity.
Here's her blog link http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.ca/2016/07/nat-tering.html

Just Editing to add I hadn't read the submission guidelines (because as I say, I'm not a writer of adult work) but did read them just now and it appears this is more a contest then a publishing opportunity. While yes, the anthology will be published, there is only a $25 honorarium and 1 free copy for your contribution. So, it would be more a strategic decision on the Writers part, as to the value of subbing.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw mention of "Level Best Books" call this morning, on Janet Reid's blog. Now, I know nothing about Publishers of Adult fiction let alone Crime but I've got all sorts of respect for Ms Reid so figured if she is blogging about them and their anthology, it must be a decent opportunity.
Here's her blog link http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.ca/2016/07/nat-tering.html

Just Editing to add I hadn't read the submission guidelines (because as I say, I'm not a writer of adult work) but did read them just now and it appears this is more a contest then a publishing opportunity. While yes, the anthology will be published, there is only a $25 honorarium and 1 free copy for your contribution. So, it would be more a strategic decision on the Writers part, as to the value of subbing.
I'm only getting $5 for my accepted submission to Sanitarium Horror Magazine and I'm ecstatic. Hey, I am now respectively published.

Short stories, why not, gets you a foot in the door. I have another short story that won a contest I might shop around, a nonfiction about an encounter with bears, so it doesn't fit the genre. But another writer turned me on to this short story writers' market and I think there's a lot of potential there to get your name out, to pad your bio, to gain experience.

Last edited: