Evernote limiting device installs for free users

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
When I can easily replace it with apps that range from free to $10 outright (no subscription), then yes, eternal fees are outrageous. You can try to make me seem unreasonable by breaking it down to a monthly increment, but it's still three and a half times as much as the most expensive replacement I'm considering, and after two years it will have cost seven times as much.

Sound's like you're good to go then!

As much as I love Apple's Notes, for me it's worth the money. I've got three books going at present, one of which has a co-author.

Evernote works well for us in terms of syncing and communicating with each other, as part of a work flow that includes DropBox and Scrivener.

That's a large part of why it's worth it to me, though I confess I had to really think about pros and cons.

There are things that I find annoying about EverNote, but not so annoying that I'm going to bail.

I think Microsoft One Note, especially for Windows users with smart phones and/ or tablets, and Apple's Notes.app for macOS users will be absolutely fine for many EverNote users.

I also suspect we'll see some corporate/work place EverNote users moving to Trello and Slack, and away from EverNote.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
As much as I love Apple's Notes, for me it's worth the money. I've got three books going at present, one of which has a co-author.

Yeah, if I needed those more advanced features it might be a different story. I guess Evernote has always been a little bit of overkill for me.

That said, I'm still on the lazy route and just deleted Evernote from my phone (I don't recall ever using it there). That puts me down to the two-device limit for the free level. :) I should just transfer to Notes, though. Then I could have it available on my phone should I want it.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
As much as I love Apple's Notes,

Is this the Notes that comes already installed on iPhones? The basic white-lined-box-with-yellow-stripe-on-top icon?

That's what I used before I found Evernote. I still have some stuff stashed in there.

Is there a more expansive Notes than that one?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Is this the Notes that comes already installed on iPhones? The basic white-lined-box-with-yellow-stripe-on-top icon?

That's what I used before I found Evernote. I still have some stuff stashed in there.

Is there a more expansive Notes than that one?

That's the one; in iOS 9 and later, Apple has beefed it up a fair amount, and it syncs with the Notes.app on macOS Yosemite.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, if I needed those more advanced features it might be a different story. I guess Evernote has always been a little bit of overkill for me.

That said, I'm still on the lazy route and just deleted Evernote from my phone (I don't recall ever using it there). That puts me down to the two-device limit for the free level. :) I should just transfer to Notes, though. Then I could have it available on my phone should I want it.

Keep in mind that two devices = two devices using the Evernote.app, not the Web version.

Status
Not open for further replies.