Hello from me

steveb47

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephenbentley.info
A big hello to all.
I am retired but write both for enjoyment and to supplement my retirement income. My books as yet have made no contribution to my coffers. Well, not a positive contribution, only negative! As good luck would have it, I have a freelance writing gig that provides a modest but regular source of extra income.
In my former life, I was a British undercover cop and London based criminal defence barrister (trial attorney). You may have gathered I am British already as I deliberately ignore the US spell checker :)
Self-publishing is for me. I like the control. I have one eBook out based on my experiences of driving here in the Philippines. My memoir, Undercover: Operation Julie - The Inside Story, is soon to be published in paperback. A Kindle version will follow.
After that book is launched, I will start on my first novel. A story based on my undercover days.
What else do you need to know about me? When not writing, I relax with my family here on the beaches of the Philippines. I also follow the fortunes and misfortunes of my English football (soccer) team, Liverpool FC.
I do hope to get to know some of you in the future. BTW, I am looking for a beta reader for my memoir :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

It might be interesting to beta read your novel, if it is in English .. but that lawyer kickball fan thing might be hard to fathom. I understand they are just below Iceland in proficiency.

You might enjoy visiting the old farts tiki lounge ....

andrewchapin

Registered
Reaction score
That is some bio! Seems like you have plenty of material from which to build.

Welcome!

steveb47

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephenbentley.info
Welcome aboard.

It might be interesting to beta read your novel, if it is in English .. but that lawyer kickball fan thing might be hard to fathom. I understand they are just below Iceland in proficiency.

You might enjoy visiting the old farts tiki lounge ....

Ouch! I am now supporting Iceland in the tournament. Funny thing is England made two exits from Europe within the space of one week :) I will let you know when the novel has something to beta read. Thanks.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, very cool bio. Nice to you have you here. Keep us updated on your progress.

mlovmo

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, a great bio.
If you don't mind, please share some of that upcoming novel here at AW!

...And Welcome!