Hello!

JoeSlucher

Registered
Reaction score
I ran a contest a while back to do a book cover for one lucky author and a writer told me I should post to KBoards which I had never heard of. It made total sense that authors have their forums just like artists so that lead to a search for where the authors hide on the internet. I found you!

Anyways, I'm an illustrator that happens to read/listen to a lot of books and I just recently started trying to move from making artwork for games to making artwork for book covers. I'll probably be regularly popping into the forum to see if authors are looking for artwork and look at what authors are using/commissioning for their covers. Edit:removed images as they may have been too large.Here's a link to my portfolio .

Inspired by Jay Kristoff's Lotus War series of books.
stormdancer_alternate_by_joeslucher-da35x8z.jpg

Inspired by Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles
patreon_piece_cthaeh_by_joeslucher-d8hnh2x.jpg

Cover for Twilight of the Gods by Nathan Mangion
twilight_of_the_gods_cover_by_joeslucher-d9kwxb0.jpg

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Joe. Welcome aboard.

I think your images are too large for AW. There's a size limit listed around here somewhere.

Anyway, great artwork!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

You can post the link to your art in your signature line

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome to AW, Joe. I use different artist for my covers, and I am always in need of a good cover (LOL). I like your idea. Wish more artists would run contests. I missed your Link when you put it up. As the previous posts mentioned, just add a direct Link in your signature so we can all go look at your beautiful art. Again, welcome, and enjoy your stay.

JoeSlucher

Registered
Reaction score
Very welcoming group! Thanks Pingling. For some reason my signature doesn't seem to be appearing on my posts despite my settings so I thought I link was making it to each post. Found a way to link to some image thumbnails without having to save and upload new ones so I updated my first post.

Jen144

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. :) I do my own books' cover art as well, and yours look awesome!

Mike Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Joe! That's some pretty sweet artwork!