Fiction Writer Looking for Feedback and Inspiration!

BryanFischer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I tweeted Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid Chronicles) today asking where he would suggest I get feedback on short fiction from. He sent me here and so here I am! I'm looking forward to getting involved in the community and giving/getting feedback.

A tiny bit about me:

My name is Bryan Fischer and I'm from Richmond, Virginia, USA. I'm married and have three kids. When I'm not designing and coding college applications in my day job, I design and publish board games with my company, Nevermore Games. I also illustrate games. All of this keeps me very busy, but I always find a way to write. I guess you could call me a closet wannabe author.

Pingling

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I suggest checking out the Share Your Work board (password is vista). You need to reply 50 times before you can post your own work for critique, but in the meantime, I'm sure plenty of people will value your feedback.

By the way, your job sounds awesome.

Last edited:

slink

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Bryan, I'm also new here. What kind of fiction do you write?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Bryan.

Iconoclasm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bryan, I'm new too. I'm struggling to find time to write so it's great to hear of someone who manages to squeeze it into a busy work and life schedule. :)

BryanFischer

Registered
Reaction score
By the way, your job sounds awesome.

Haha, thanks!

Welcome Bryan, I'm also new here. What kind of fiction do you write?

Mostly urban fantasy and slipstream.

Hi Bryan, I'm new too. I'm struggling to find time to write so it's great to hear of someone who manages to squeeze it into a busy work and life schedule. :)

Absolutely! That's about the only way I get to do anything! Squeeze!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all of the links!

jgmartin

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bryan,

I'm new too and if you need feedback I'm usually able to get work back in a week. PM me for my email if you want.

PS Your game design job sounds cool!

JG Martin

Jen144

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Bryan, welcome. :) Your game designing/illustrating job sounds awesome; I have done artwork for several indie game development companies, but no board games!

BryanFischer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new too and if you need feedback I'm usually able to get work back in a week. PM me for my email if you want.

Awesome! Maybe I'll do that. I know it will be awhile before I can post my work on here.

I have done artwork for several indie game development companies, but no board games!

Woohoo! It's so much fun!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Bryan. I hope your time here will be enjoyable.

allthefeels

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Maybe I'll do that. I know it will be awhile before I can post my work on here.

Think of it as an opportunity to get to know the people who will be providing you with feedback. After all, the crit is only as good as the critter. :)

Either way, I'm still new too, but welcome!

Brock Landers

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a cool job. A lot better than doing this shit. Just kidding lol...kinda... :roll:

Mike Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Bryan! Sounds like an interesting job! What kind of board games have you designed?