• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Surrey Int'l Writers' Conference

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

The Surrey Writers' Conference in Vancouver is the biggest writers conference in Canada. They just announced their lineup with these agents to pitch personally to. Haven't met most. Anyone met them?

Soumeya Roberts, Kevan Lyon, Kathleen Rushall, Jef Herman, Eric Myers, Elizabeth Winick Rubinstein, Mary Moore, Robert Mackwood, Laura Bradford, Connor Goldsmith.

I've met Laura, she's a hoot.

Thanks

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I've met Connor. Hardworking guy. Very eclectic in his list, but passionate about everyone he reps.

He's best buds with my agent, so we end up hanging out a lot at conferences.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Connor jumps out at me. I've queried him a few times.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I went to this conference YEARS ago, before I knew how to make the most of a conference experience (meaning except for the craft workshops, I never left the room). I pitched Mary Moore last year at a conference here in Seattle. She struck me as sedate and professional, in a positive way. SIWC is a good conference, and that looks like an excellent line-up of agents. Enjoy!

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I went to SIWC last year! It was a very stressful time for me (found out I had to move just days after the conference but by then it was too late to get a refund, so I had to go), so I didn't make the most of it like I should have, but as far as conferences go I think it's a good one. I already have an agent and a book sold, so I didn't do any pitching or anything, but I did end up sitting with Laura Bradford at lunch a couple times -- I would sit down and she just happened to be the industry person assigned to that table. I already knew her from her Twitter and reading interviews, but I found her fabulous in real life. A really great agent!

If I had the money to go again, I probably would. Maybe 2017.