• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mint Literary Agency

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Would be more impressed if they had sold some books and if they said what genres they are looking for. As it is they don't appear to have sold anything and the 2 pages that they say tell you what genres they handle only connect to each other.Colour me unimpressed.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
If you look at their authors, they have the books listed there. I don't know if those books are repped by Mint. But if they are, they're all small publishers and places you can submit to yourself.

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for having a look. Eyes more experienced than mine are greatly appreciated. :)

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I assume the authors page represents who they've sold to. Like Undercover said, seems to be a lot of indie presses that take unagented submissions.

The lack of sales to the Big 5 is odd.

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks pinkbowvintage, I am still learning the ropes of what exactly to look for. I figured out a few different red flags, but I appreciate the tip, I will add it to my bag and use it to discern in future.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
This one's actually in my hometown and I'd steer clear of it. Morty Mint used to work with Penguin years ago, did reasonably well there before branching off and coming to Nelson to start his own agency but, from word of a writergroup partner who worked for him for a couple years, he's a bit of a nightmare to work with and, as others have stated, he hasn't really sold to any of those Big 5, despite having a pretty big previous connection.

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight Channy!

Moriarty7

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly think they're borderline if not fully dodgy. Had a chance to talk to owner (my first unagented novel coming out this year but am always looking around for agents) and Morty, as well as being rude, engaged in a lot of obfuscation and half truths. I think he was trying to sell me his self-publishing racket. Also, without going into detail, I have good reason to think that at least a few of the reputable authors he lists might be surprised to find out he represents them. He struck me as an embittered con artist.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com