The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Mint Literary Agency

practical experience, FTW DeannaR's Avatar

Mint Literary Agency

I was wondering if anyone has experience with "Mint Literary Agency" http://mintliteraryagency.com/

Thanks.

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Would be more impressed if they had sold some books and if they said what genres they are looking for. As it is they don't appear to have sold anything and the 2 pages that they say tell you what genres they handle only connect to each other.Colour me unimpressed.

If you look at their authors, they have the books listed there. I don't know if those books are repped by Mint. But if they are, they're all small publishers and places you can submit to yourself.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

Thanks for having a look. Eyes more experienced than mine are greatly appreciated.

Yeah I assume the authors page represents who they've sold to. Like Undercover said, seems to be a lot of indie presses that take unagented submissions.

The lack of sales to the Big 5 is odd.
    My YA debut BURRO HILLS is coming from Diversion Books in 2018!

YA LGBT Contemporary/Thriller - Revising
    YA Contemporary Mystery/Horror - Writing, 29k+
    Short Fiction Online: Rabbit Suit

Website
    + Twitter

Thanks pinkbowvintage, I am still learning the ropes of what exactly to look for. I figured out a few different red flags, but I appreciate the tip, I will add it to my bag and use it to discern in future.

This one's actually in my hometown and I'd steer clear of it. Morty Mint used to work with Penguin years ago, did reasonably well there before branching off and coming to Nelson to start his own agency but, from word of a writergroup partner who worked for him for a couple years, he's a bit of a nightmare to work with and, as others have stated, he hasn't really sold to any of those Big 5, despite having a pretty big previous connection.
    A New Breed is Awakening~

Hybrids - Round 2 Revisions; after three brave beta-readers, our young heroine must battle the red-pocked manuscript and re-write a new beginning

Thanks for the insight Channy!