dude-dead in a puff of sand –
the game begins again.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*kaff kaff* nice shot. I can't keep those things in the air at all.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
This might be the two scotches I downed while participating in P&CE, but I'm looking at your title in conjunction with some of your lines (e.g., "one slap-down killz tosses another/dude-dead in a puff of sand") and finding a metaphor between your hacky sack game and endless war in the middle east. I'm vividly seeing your hacky-sack players, but I'm seeing some soldiers in the desert, too. Am I just tipsy? I'll look again in the morning and see if it holds up with a hangover.

As always, I enjoy your word-play -- as is often the case, I find myself reading your poem aloud to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
This might be the two scotches I downed while participating in P&CE, but I'm looking at your title in conjunction with some of your lines (e.g., "one slap-down killz tosses another/dude-dead in a puff of sand") and finding a metaphor between your hacky sack game and endless war in the middle east. I'm vividly seeing your hacky-sack players, but I'm seeing some soldiers in the desert, too. . . .Thanks for sharing!

Yes!!! I changed the title after Poet stopped in - appreciate your attentive reading (had a couple of shots of Jameson's myself, a bit earlier) and insights!!!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Thank heaven! I still saw a desert battle over coffee this morning, so if my reading were off, I couldn't blame the liquor.

Thank you for telling me I did indeed catch your intention. Every once in a while when I venture into one of my musings on a metaphor, I wonder if perhaps I'm not just in my own whacky little world. It is always nice to know that even if I am, I have company.