AMC's "Preacher"

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the Preacher premiere on AMC in a "Wow, this is seriously fucked up and I love it in a #Deadpool sort of seriously fucked-up way.

If that makes any sense.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Two replies in, and already we're on a derail. I'm making this public because "Master Sam" has been getting a lot of attention lately. Folks, I'm sorry, but that scene never appeared in any Supernatural episode. A friend of mine found that (Photoshopped, I believe) picture somewhere and sent it to me. Unless Jared was in some kinky movie I'm not aware of.

I'll have to email my friend and see if she has a pic of what's really under Castiel's trench coat.

And now, back to talking about Preacher. Is that woman-with-the-kids character new? I remember Tulip (who was blonde in the comic) but I don't remember her.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Yes, she's a new character. Played by Lucy Griffiths, no less, whom I didn't recognize. Had to go to IMDB for the confirmation. She has a different look to her in this series than in past roles.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
just started watching it, and it's suitably off the wall, so far just enough whackadoodle

WaywardFest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
waywardfest.com
Season two is really picking up, that’s for sure. Yes, they’ve changed a fair amount from the comics, but I don’t really have a problem with it, personally. It was bound to happen, after all.

I think they’ve stayed true to the show as much as possible, but some things aren’t realistically going to happen / appear on the small screen. Anyone who has read the comic should be able to think of at least one or two examples.

I’ve heard some criticism about this, but I’m just enjoying the ride. More people are noticing my Jesse and Cassidy tattoos now, I’ll say that much :tongue

Last edited:

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Loving season 2. The new (German) bad guy is brilliant.

underpope

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.underpope.com
Have caught up on Season 2 yet, but I will soon.

I tell people that I don't enjoy Game of Thrones because it's too violent, but the violence in Preacher works just fine for me. Go figure. Something about the comic level of over-the-top violence -- that fight scene in the motel room in the first season, for example, just got hysterically funny after a few minutes.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Loving season 2. The new (German) bad guy is brilliant.

Hope you mean new to the series, lol - Herr Starr is the main antagonist of the graphic novels (which are superb, by the way), and this actor is doing him fantastically well! Same can be said for the Saint of Killers, and Assface/Eugene