*Buckles under the pressure of writing an awesome subject line* So, hello all!

AbielsMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Just recently joined the cooler. I've been scouring the internet for a good place to get plugged in with other writers. Do some reviewing, get some critiquing, stand around and chat by the cooler. Hope this is a place I can call home.

I'm Chase, by the way. Pen name, C.C. Griffin. Something about the initials of an author that I've always thought added a bit of flair. ;) I'm a reader, lover, and writer of all things fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I'll read pretty much anything you put in my hands but fantasy is my bread and butter. As such, I am currently working on an Epic Fantasy novel. Being 31, I feel like I'm getting a late start in the game. But, I suppose writing a novel never seemed a viable option until now.

A little about me. I'm an Auburn Graduate with a degree in Philosophy. I've written more philosophical papers than I care to count! I served in the Marines for five years. I'm married, got a new born baby girl, and I am currently participating in the JET Program in Japan. The work at my school gives me plenty of downtime to increase my word count. I plan on living, working, and writing in Japan for a good long while.

Hope we get to know one another. Keep an eye out for my work. You'll start seeing it pop up before long!

tiggs

Registered
Reaction score
Just recently joined the cooler. I've been scouring the internet for a good place to get plugged in with other writers. Do some reviewing, get some critiquing, stand around and chat by the cooler. Hope this is a place I can call home.

I'm Chase, by the way. Pen name, C.C. Griffin. Something about the initials of an author that I've always thought added a bit of flair. ;) I'm a reader, lover, and writer of all things fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I'll read pretty much anything you put in my hands but fantasy is my bread and butter. As such, I am currently working on an Epic Fantasy novel. Being 31, I feel like I'm getting a late start in the game. But, I suppose writing a novel never seemed a viable option until now.

A little about me. I'm an Auburn Graduate with a degree in Philosophy. I've written more philosophical papers than I care to count! I served in the Marines for five years. I'm married, got a new born baby girl, and I am currently participating in the JET Program in Japan. The work at my school gives me plenty of downtime to increase my word count. I plan on living, working, and writing in Japan for a good long while.

Hope we get to know one another. Keep an eye out for my work. You'll start seeing it pop up before long!
Hi Chase, and welcome to AW :)

In terms of late to the game -- I'm 16 years older than you, and still unpublished. Writers start at all ages, so 31 should be just fine.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Chase.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome to AW, Chase, and thank you for your service. I spent some time in Japan, but not enough. A great place. Good luck with all your ventures. Semper Fi.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Todd Strubbe

New Skin; Learning About Thick Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Chase. Sounds like you've accomplished a lot already. Congrats. I probably started my first novel at about your age. Maybe a few years older. Took me ten years to finish it, and it never got published, but I learned a hell of a lot along the way. Wish I'd joined a site like this early on like you, though. Would have saved me a lot of trouble. These people are amazing.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. First and foremost, thank you for your service. Congratulation on the new girl. The JET Program is very hard to get into (many people think the Korean program is more difficult to gain admittance, but that's not the case), so congratulations on that as well. Fantasy is also my bread and butter, but I write MG mostly. Glad to have you in our community.