BKNights

caracy

Expert on Absolutely Nothing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.francinezane.com
I am in no way affiliated with BKNights, but I have to share my experience with them. I ran a promo campaign with them after reading other writers' recommendations on AW and other sites. I didn't expect much. My book is the first in a series and self-published by an unknown. Because BKNights did not see the kind of sales they felt were acceptable from the campaign, they refunded my money. Will I use them again? Hell yes. How often do you see that kind of integrity in business?

I owe those guys a plate of cookies.

https://www.fiverr.com/bknights

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get a great response from BKNights either. They gave me a refund, but I probably won't use them again. I tried a handful of other Fiverr promoters, but results were just as dismal. You get what you pay for!

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a way to sign up for the mailing list (without being a promoted author)? I couldn't find a page, but it's possible (and maybe probable) that I'm just blind.

James W

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about BKnights. They are mentioned on the Kindlepreneur list of book promo services you can trust here - https://kindlepreneur.com/list-sites-promote-free-amazon-books/

I think that BKNights are an example of the principle that it is worth spending a little bit of money in order to secure a good level of promotion for your book. Almost everyone will be using the free services but by spending a little bit on some services with a great reputation, you stand to make a solid ROI on the money you spend.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees that you have to spend (some) money to get effective promotion.

The question is whether you get a sufficient return on that investment. For me, BKNights worked well to promote a free book (so there wasn't really a question of ROI, except perhaps in sales of other books, which are hard to track) but wasn't effective for paid books.

mlred

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first day using BKnights and before they posted my book, I was number 330 in my genre on Amazon. An hour after they posted, I rose to #135 in my genre. My sales report hasn't updated yet so I don't know how many sold but I will write back with more accurate numbers as soon as I have them.

mlred

Registered
Reaction score
I sold 27 copies of my 99 cent ebook. I started at #330 in my book genre before BKnights posted the ad, and during the ad it rose to as high as #66 in my genre. I made $9.45 off of royalties from the ad, so after you take away $5 for the ad cost, I made a $4.45 profit. Not amazingly awesome but it's better than being in the negative or breaking even.

Fantasyart

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome, something else to try. I'll give them a go, $5.00 is peanuts so it'll be worth the experiment. I'll return in a few days to let you all know how it went :)

Fantasyart

Registered
Reaction score
Well I tried BKNights and found that it was pretty good for the price. I will use them again. Though I admit I didn't rise much more than I had already, prior to using them, but I did make two sales from it. It is a start. Baby steps. Right :)

Daffyjkl

Registered
Reaction score
There seems to be a number of options for BKNights, Twitter, email lists, etc. Which is the best to use? Thanks in advance.