The Speech of Angels by Sharon Maas

Simran

Great idea Anya.

Aruna: The Speech of Angels - Here is the review I wrote on it:

Not your average rags-to-riches story!

Sharon Maas uses ‘The Speech of Angels’ to capture the vivid sights, the cacophony of sounds and the pungent smells of the darkest backstreets in Bombay, India, while taking you to the elite and elaborate dwellings in Germany and London in the same breath.

Her writing style excites the reader and draws them into a world, which may be different from their own, yet allows them to wholly relate to the story and empathize with the characters portrayed. It is a book that cannot easily be put down without devouring every page, right to the very last. The rich details and striking descriptions she utilizes paint an intense picture that becomes embedded in the reader’s mind and is not soon forgotten.

Jyothi is a five-year-old street child from Bombay, whose eyes are a mirror into her soul. A shy little girl who doesn’t fit in anywhere in her own country, let alone a strange new Western one, until the day when it is discovered that she possesses a rare musical talent. With the urgings and encouragement from her adopted family and few close friends, Jyothi, in time, transforms into the international musical phenomenon - Jade.

Music becomes her life, her very being; conveying everything her words cannot. So what happens when her beloved music is taken away? How will she survive the turmoil raging within her? When she does, will it be as Jyothi or Jade?

Her soul-searching journey begins with the confrontation of shadows, fears and the images of a world she so desperately tries to leave behind. Follow Jyothi as she wraps herself in a cocoon and with time and nurturing emerges a beautiful butterfly.

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
If you don't mind, ladies, I'm going to go ahead and break this into three threads, so I can add them to the index individually. Great idea and one whose time has come to have our own AWer's books discussed! :)